Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

For my wife' spouse visa application, we will be staying with my parents in their home in Edinburgh. I have their original land certificate from the land register of Scotland when they bought the home in 2006, which contains;
A. property section
B. proprietorship section
C. securities section and
D. burdens section

I was thinking of photocopying these sections within the land certificate myself for the application (as I'm scared of the original being lost in the post or the process), would this suffice for proving my parent's ownership of the house? Or would I need to order a copy of the title sheet from the register of Scotland?

Thanks for any assistance!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Land registry certificate plus a bill such as council tax plus any mortgage papers they have will be sufficient in proving ownership.

Make sure you submit a property inspection report too. Local councils may offer this service at a fee but if yours doesn't you will have to look at private surveyors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Land registry certificate plus a bill such as council tax plus any mortgage papers they have will be sufficient in proving ownership.

Make sure you submit a property inspection report too. Local councils may offer this service at a fee but if yours doesn't you will have to look at private surveyors.
Thank you Kimi2490 for you reply, for the land registry documents is it okay if i submit a copy and not the original? As I'm afraid it might get lost during the process.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi everyone,

For my wife' spouse visa application, we will be staying with my parents in their home in Edinburgh. I have their original land certificate from the land register of Scotland when they bought the home in 2006, which contains;
A. property section
B. proprietorship section
C. securities section and
D. burdens section

I was thinking of photocopying these sections within the land certificate myself for the application (as I'm scared of the original being lost in the post or the process), would this suffice for proving my parent's ownership of the house? Or would I need to order a copy of the title sheet from the register of Scotland?

Thanks for any assistance!
I would try to obtain a new copy of all the information just for your sake to not get the documents lost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.