Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A bit of a rush post,

but is there something I can say to the IO regarding my situation for him to possibly give me 4 months (until christmas atleast) extension of my visa?

FACTS:

Hold singaporean passport (6 month valid visa upon entry)

Graduate from 3 years course this year, student visa expires on 30th this month.

My partner (SHOUT OUT TO THE GEORDIES) is in UK and just signed a 6 month contract with NHS and has tom fulfil to to be qualified.

I have more than £4000 pounds in my 2 barclays account

Can anyone tell me something/anything I can say to increase my chances to get a longer visitor's visa?

·
Super Moderator
5,191 Posts
While I don't know that they'll necessarily grant your request, there are two things that jump to mind, off the top of my head:

Try to relax and act natural... being/acting nervous raises suspicion and may lead to a shorter leave to remain (yes, I've been watching too much UK Border Force/Australian Border Force/Canadian Border Force).

Be polite... you don't know what kind of day the IO has had, and if they're in a bad mood, they may try to take it out on people coming through the immigration queues - it doesn't cost you anything to be polite and courteous and if they've had a bad day so far, your kindness could be the thing that turns their day around.

Reactions: _shel

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
A bit of a rush post,

but is there something I can say to the IO regarding my situation for him to possibly give me 4 months (until christmas atleast) extension of my visa?

FACTS:

Hold singaporean passport (6 month valid visa upon entry)

Graduate from 3 years course this year, student visa expires on 30th this month.

My partner (SHOUT OUT TO THE GEORDIES) is in UK and just signed a 6 month contract with NHS and has tom fulfil to to be qualified.

I have more than £4000 pounds in my 2 barclays account

Can anyone tell me something/anything I can say to increase my chances to get a longer visitor's visa?
Let us know how it went... if someone asks the same or similar question in the future, we'll have something to offer. Here's hoping you were able to get the extra time...

·
Super Moderator
5,191 Posts
that show should be banned.
Why should they ban that series?

I think it's hilarious, especially the Canadian version... I keep watching to see if there's anyone I know being questioned on that one, as I grew up near the Canada/US border in suburban Vancouver.

Reactions: Galulie
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.