Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My IELTS is after 1 month. I have been doing practice for last 2-3 weeks for all sections. I am not so confident for writing and speakings sections. I am able to speak English well.

In both writing and speaking , problem is - getting more ideas and then structure them.

Anyone please give any pointers. I am familiar with IELTSLIZ, IELTSMaterial sites But if someone has done preparation from different sources if anybody could recommend best books, website etc, I would greatly appreciate

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would suggest you get yourself familiarize with the types of essays and how they are structured when you put together the ideas. Watch on Youtube. I cannot specifically state any channels but as long as you get study the pattern that each type of essay, it would benefit you in writing.

I am doing the same as I have been falling short of 1 in my previous 2 attempts. I got significant increment in speaking compared to my first attempt (from 6.5 to 8.0). I would say the reason is that I was more familiar with the topics plus I substituted some complex words in my flow of speech. Try substituting your basic words with complex "Appropriate" words (without having the meaning changed) :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey
You can join our group. I had a sAme problem but now I?m performing better as I started studying in a group with a people who can help you to solve your doubts.
You can join us on studypal. We have shared our profile and study schedule as well.
Thank you !

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Team,
I am confused about IELTS abilities points calculation.
My question is that " have different abilities (Reading,Listing,Writing,Speaking)CLB level or bands awarded different point."
Like one have Reading 6.5 , Listing 6.0 , Writing 6.5 and Speaking 6.0.
what the points he should calculate. 4+4+4+4=16 or 5+4+5+4=18.

Thanks

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hello!

Try to have lengthy conversations with your friends and colleagues for the speaking part which is an immersive way to practice. Also, try to type/write in English and try to be as meticulous as possible.

Good Luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.