Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after four years of living in Lyon, it will soon be time to go.

I've popped up from time to time on this forum, normally to ask questions about dealing with a variety of subjects.

Now its time to leave France and to be honest, I'm finding the thought of that even more daunting than everything that's come before.

Can anyone give any advice?

As far as my apartment goes, the agent says I can leave with one month's notice provided "I can justify the reasons for my leaving". I've been offered a job in another country so I'm hoping that's all the evidence they need. Anyone have any ideas?

Regarding taxation, I'll be receiving the demand for 2014's income tax any day/week now so I'll have to settle that but does anyone know what I'll need to do regarding income tax for 2015? Will I also need to pay tax d'habitation before I leave?

And finally, is there anything else I need to be aware of regarding the CAF & CPAM? Do I have to do anything with these guys also before I depart?

Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
50,884 Posts
The one month notice should be perfectly adequate. Your reason for giving notice is that you have accepted a job in another country. (Moving for a work-related reason is always good for 30 days notice - or certainly used to be.)

If you've set yourself up to file your taxes online, filing for 2015 should be fairly simple. If not, now might be the time to set yourself up with an account on the Fisc site: Impots.gouv.fr - Accueil then click on the Mon espace button in the upper right corner for "Particuliers" and follow the instructions to set up an account and get a password.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
175 Posts
Emotionally, leaving can provide far more problems than the actual move itself.

We just left Australia after 4 years and felt hugely saddened and upset but in the long term it has been a good move for us to make.

Good luck with it :)

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
You will be liable to pay the taxe d'habitation for 2015 but not until next year. You should inform the tax authorities that you are leaving France.

As for the CPAM and CAF, you need to inform them that you are leaving France and they will close your accounts.

Don't forget to keep all the documents concerning your work here - the years you worked will be taken into account when you qualify for a retirement pension.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts