Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, another question.

I'm trying to decide how to go about getting to Australia permanently. Here is my background. I am in Sales (Business to Business...I guess you could classify it as Industrial Products as I sell a variety of products and services but they are often to large industrial accounts). I see that this profession is on the SOL list.

I've graduated from one of the top Canadian Universities with a 4 yr Honours Bachelor of Commerce, and have 2 yrs of relevant work experience. Combine this with my age (25) and English proficiency, I have passed the points test to be eligible for the Skilled Migrant Visa.

What would my first step be? I've searched through posts here but it's so overwhelming to me so I'm wondering if anyone would be kind enough to help.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Well, if you're doing the application yourself and not using an agent, you'll need to do a skills test first. Once that is passed you then apply for your main application (medicals and police checks are done after that).

Not sure which assessing body you'll need to use but it will tell you here: A-Z Occupations List - Australian Skills Recognition Information

Dolly

1 - 2 of 2 Posts