Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
dear all, My bf I are planning to get married this year so that I plan to apply fiancee visa as soon as possible. we have met all the UKBA requirements and our financial circumstance are seem good. However I am a bit worried with my partner history. my partner had claimed benefit in the past (about 2.5 years ago), so my question are:
1. whether his status in the past (claim benefit -income support for job seeker) will affect my visa application????
2. is there any time limit for someone who claimed benefit in the past to be eligible for sponsoring visa????

Thank you for any good advices and suggestions

·
Registered
39,077 Posts
dear all, My bf I are planning to get married this year so that I plan to apply fiancee visa as soon as possible. we have met all the UKBA requirements and our financial circumstance are seem good. However I am a bit worried with my partner history. my partner had claimed benefit in the past (about 2.5 years ago), so my question are:
1. whether his status in the past (claim benefit -income support for job seeker) will affect my visa application????
2. is there any time limit for someone who claimed benefit in the past to be eligible for sponsoring visa????
Having claimed benefits in the past (but not claiming now) is neither here nor there and won't affect your visa application. What matters is how much he currently earns, and whether he is in steady employment or self-employment. You say you can meet maintenance requirement, then that's all that matters, basically.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Having claimed benefits in the past (but not claiming now) is neither here nor there and won't affect your visa application. What matters is how much he currently earns, and whether he is in steady employment or self-employment. You say you can meet maintenance requirement, then that's all that matters, basically.
Thank you so much for your answer Joppa, you gave me big relieve :happy:, and yes my bf has a stable job with a good salary at the moment, and soon he will open his own business once we settle together.

again, many thanks...GBU!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.