Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I've just received approval of my UAE work visa. How long does it typically take after arriving and having my passport stamped with my work visa to have the residency visa issued, as I need to plan to find an apartment and cant do that until I am resident.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
It varies, largely on how good the PRO is in the company you work for. Anything from a week to a couple of weeks is average. Can be more. It is the norm for your company to put you in a serviced apartment for your first month, to allow for the process and give you a couple of weeks to find somewhere.

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Hi everyone. I've just received approval of my UAE work visa. How long does it typically take after arriving and having my passport stamped with my work visa to have the residency visa issued, as I need to plan to find an apartment and cant do that until I am resident.
Thanks!
If everything is done promptly: 2-3 days. You need to get a medical test done. If you avail of the VIP service (center near safa park) they give you the results same day or the next day in the morning. Once the medical test is done, the new visa can be stamped the same day. The PRO should take care of all this.
As mentioned, they should in any case give you accommodation for the first few weeks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts