Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

We have friends who initially came to SA on a 475 and even after 06 months still waiting for the blessed 887 (PR). And worse all these cases are straight forward, have completed 02 years of stay and 01 year of full time work in one organization.

Was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat? I know there is no point as such in creating this thread but maybe it will help us all to know just how many people are in the blessed boat.

I did try to search if there is a parallel thread going on but couldnt find any, so apologies in advance if this is a repeat thread.

Warm Regards,
DS

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just a little bump and a bit of good news...a family who applied in March got their PR (887) yesterday so basically on an average its taking about 7-8 months for the transition from the SRS visa to the PR.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi..

If I get 489 regional sponsor visa(489 SRS) from Orana nsw , can I live and work in another regional Australia (like Townsville,QLD) ? to get 877 visa after two years

waiting for reply
Thanks

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi..

If I get 489 regional sponsor visa(489 SRS) from Orana nsw , can I live and work in another regional Australia (like Townsville,QLD) ? to get 877 visa after two years

waiting for reply
Thanks
No idea about regional visas sorry...but now if i were to guess why would NSW sponsor you for a visa to work in QLD...so that would be a no, unless there is a loophole somewhere.

Now hope you didnt mean you are going to apply for PR after your regional stay in Orana and unless its a conditional PR, wherein you still have to stay in a regional area, then you can go and work anywhere in the country.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts