Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the first time in my life I am in a position to go on the adventures I have always dreamed of. 36, a good age to get going I think.

I've run my own business (wireless networking) and am a highly experienced network engineer/designer and general technologist. I've seen enough of the UK and am looking to get to Australia in the next few years.

In the meantime I want to find work where I can save good money for 6 to 12 months. It doesn't have to be IT. Fortunately my parents were nomadic and adventurous so I grew up doing things like commercial lobster fishing, farming, running shops, delivering milk, sailing...good times. In short, I will do anything, the important thing is it's not in the UK and I can save money, ideas are much appreciated....

Looking forward to being a good member of the community.

Cheers!

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi rollinson,

Welcome to the forum.

If you haven't already done so check out the Australia forum since we have a very active forum with members happy to answer questions and point people in the right direction.

Read through the sticky posts at the top of the Australia forum since they have links to visas, ACS (Australian Computer Society - you'll need to be assessed by them for IT before applying for a visa) and loads of other stuff.

See you in the Australia forum. :)

Regards,
Karen

1 - 2 of 2 Posts