Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a normal week day between 7 and 8 am eithor by car or walking can anyone tell me the average waiting time to go through the border posts at Nicosia please? Many thanks.

·
Registered
587 Posts
On a normal week day between 7 and 8 am eithor by car or walking can anyone tell me the average waiting time to go through the border posts at Nicosia please? Many thanks.
The main problem is with inconsiderate parking and general lack of organisation at times -shift changing, random crackdowns either side on unpaid speeding fines etc. that can sometimes hold things up. I've only been over a few times, but have never had to wait more than 10 minutes or so - it takes about another 10 to sort out insurance going into the occupied area. I've not had to wait at all coming back into the south -always been waived through without so much as a quick passport check, although I know of others that have been held up by red-tape coming back.

The pedestrian crossing gets busy in the summer, but off peak there are no queues at all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Border Crossing

The main problem is with inconsiderate parking and general lack of organisation at times -shift changing, random crackdowns either side on unpaid speeding fines etc. that can sometimes hold things up. I've only been over a few times, but have never had to wait more than 10 minutes or so - it takes about another 10 to sort out insurance going into the occupied area. I've not had to wait at all coming back into the south -always been waived through without so much as a quick passport check, although I know of others that have been held up by red-tape coming back.

The pedestrian crossing gets busy in the summer, but off peak there are no queues at all.
Many thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.