Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My wife and I applied for Tier2 (Gen), with me as the primary applicant. We did this on the 16th Aug 2013. We applied from the Bangalore VFS center. I did not go for the Fast Track one as i thought 13 working days is not a big time and we were not in a hurry.

Now the situation is its 17 working days gone and the status is still "Under Process at the British High Commission."

My Question to you guys/gals is, is this very normal. generally how much time should one be expected to wait before we get a yes or a no.

Note: All our documents were in full. I have got sponsorship so the details and the Printout of the COS was also included.

Any help is appreciated, coz not knowing is as bad as not getting the visa.

Thanking you
LF

·
Registered
142 Posts
The moderators and senior expats give advice to people in difficult situations. We are not entitled to their help. They are volunteers.

You have waited 17 days instead of 13 days. You are not in a hurry. You say you have all the right documents.

Waiting is very stressful. I hope you only have to wait a little more time before you hear that your application is successful.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The moderators and senior expats give advice to people in difficult situations. We are not entitled to their help. They are volunteers.

You have waited 17 days instead of 13 days. You are not in a hurry. You say you have all the right documents.

Waiting is very stressful. I hope you only have to wait a little more time before you hear that your application is successful.
Sorry for lashing out, as you said waiting is stressful.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Sorry for lashing out, as you said waiting is stressful.
Just a note - people have to read your post to see if they can offer any helpful advice. If they can't, after reading it, there is usually no point in posting. :noidea:

Much of the immigration process is complicated and not everyone has experience in all the different areas. Better to wait for someone who really knows (like a mod) to reply than to get wrong information.

Yes, it is very stressful when your life's future is out of your control. Hang in there and try to be patient.

Good luck!

Reactions: Lihong

·
Registered
43 Posts
Nope! My employer is really frustrated, may loose the offer :( I have no idea why they are taking such a LONG time... It's going to be 3 months...

·
Registered
39,148 Posts
Have you sent an email query?

We aim to process 90 per cent of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, and 95 percent of settlement applications within 12 weeks.

If you are still waiting for a decision on your application after this time has passed, you can email the UK Border Agency in India at the following addresses:

North and East India: [email protected]
West India: [email protected]
South India: [email protected]

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes Joppa, I have sent a email when it was 4 wks and got a response stating that they are doing some mandatory checks and can't guarantee on the timeline. Post that I have sent 4 emails so far but NO response. They had mentioned 'case work Team' in their signature, hope it is from the BH not from any call centre guys.

Other visa types may not have any restrictions with the time, but this one is tied up with a offer letter and there is a date that I need to join the company, which can be postponed for couple of weeks but not 2 months. On what basis will they issue the visa now? How they will know that I still have the offer or not?

I lost hope, my employer told me that he will wait one more week...

Getting a tier 2 general under current market situation is nearly impossible, It took lot of hardwork to clear the interview and convince someone to sponsor you. Hope the BH understands this and dont play with peoples life by just delaying the visa...

This forum is my only stress buster...

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Aus,
Hang in there buddy, it should come soon for you, in our case 5 weeks arr over. I plan to send the email this week lets see how it goes.

LF

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.