Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

My husband and I are keen to take the kids and do some traveling around UK and Europe. My husband and kids all have British Passports my questions is can I get a Youth Mobility Visa? It says no dependents but the are British?

Thanks Laura

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
The guidance says:
49 In addition to scoring a total of 40 points under Appendix A and10 points under Appendix C (see above), if you are applying for entry clearance under the Youth Mobility Scheme you must also meet the following additional requirements:
• you must have no children under the age of 18 who are either living with you or for whom you are financially responsible (i.e. paying maintenance); • you must not previously have spent time in the United Kingdom as a Working Holidaymaker or as a Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) Temporary Migrant;
50 The entry clearance application form will require you to confirm that the requirements above have been met. No documentary evidence will be required in support of the confirmations, but applications will be refused if evidence comes to light that these requirements are not met.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...ta/file/300096/Tier_5__YW__guidance_04-14.pdf

It says nothing about their nationality or immigration status, so it looks like you cannot apply for Tier 5 YMS visa.
Your choice is either spouse visa, UK Ancestry or another visa in your own right such as study, employment etc. Or you can stay in UK for up to 6 months without visa, and in addition 90-in-180 days in Schengen. Australians can stay up to 3 months in certain European countries, separate from Schengen rules.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.