Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm applying for the Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme Visa (2 years) and am trying to figure out how far I can push the start date out by and when I need to pick up my biometric verification. Here is my timeline to explain:

* April 2nd - fly NZ to Thailand (2 weeks here)

* April 18th - fly Thailand to Portugal (via London)

* July 10th - fly from Europe to Northern Ireland. Settle here or Edinburgh and work for 18 months in UK.

If I applied in January for the visa (while I'm still in NZ) and wanted it to start in July - is that possible?

Regards,

Alexa

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
For Tier 5 YMS, you can apply 6 months in advance of your anticipated travel date. If you apply in January, you should almost certainly have your passport back in time for your flight in April

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For Tier 5 YMS, you can apply 6 months in advance of your anticipated travel date. If you apply in January, you should almost certainly have your passport back in time for your flight in April
Thank you, sorry I should have been clearer - I'm meaning can I push the start date of the visa/validation date to after my few months travel?

Apparently i have to go to the post shop in UK to get verification of my visa when I arrive in UK so am unsure if I have to get that In April or if I can get verification in July.. :)

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
In the application, you get to decide when you want to travel to the UK - The validity date of your vignette window (30 days) will be based around your intended travel date. So if you're planning on landing in the UK on 10th July, you can put that date in your application and it should be respected

The 30 day window is the time you're given to travel to the UK and pick up your Biometric Residence Permit (the physical visa card) and you can travel freely once you have it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In the application, you get to decide when you want to travel to the UK - The validity date of your vignette window (30 days) will be based around your intended travel date. So if you're planning on landing in the UK on 10th July, you can put that date in your application and it should be respected

The 30 day window is the time you're given to travel to the UK and pick up your Biometric Residence Permit (the physical visa card) and you can travel freely once you have it
Thank you - that makes more sense. And these time frames are accurate after the changes made last year? I had confusing information from two friends who had applied before the change and then after..

Was worried that I would get my visa, then go travelling, then arrive in the UK in July and be fined! But as long as I put my entry date as the 10th July it sounds like it will work.

The vignette window just means that I need to get the validation sticker thing within 30 days of the date that I put on application? Because I will be going to Europe via London (only in London 1hr) I'm hoping that officials don't try to make my visa start then..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.