Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am writting this one to ask you a question regarding a visa called Tier 5(youth mobility scheme).

Under this visa, can I take a permanent position? Does the company which is going to hire the candidate who has a tier 5(youth mobility visa) need to provide a sponsorship?

For your information, I acquired a sponsorship from Korea government to apply for this visa, and I got the visa in August successfully.

Or can I only work in temporary and contract position?

As I am not sure about this matter, I am having difficulties in job searching. If you could give me an advice, I will appreciate it so much.

Kind regards,
Carol

·
Registered
7 Posts
From the UK govt' website;

You can:

study - for some courses you’ll need an Academic Technology Approval Scheme certificate
work in most jobs
be self-employed and set up a company - as long as your premises are rented, your equipment isn’t worth more than £5,000 and you don’t have any employees
You can’t:

work as a professional sportsperson (for example as a coach), doctor or dentist in training - unless you can show you qualified in the UK
extend your stay
get public funds
bring in family members on your application - they must apply separately

so yes, you can work in a permanent position as long as its not in the list of jobs you can't do (above)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.