Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

Just looking for some great advice to help me get on the right track of being able to apply for Limited Right to Remain in England once my Tier 5 visa runs out. My visa will be running out October 2014, and I really want to start the process now of extending my visa.

Now my story is I am actually adopted, my natural birth mother lives here although she is not a citizen she would be classed as a settled person as she has been here for 22 years and married to a British Citizen with my half brother and sisters who are also Citizens, now that's my first case. My 2nd is I have been working at a full time job and in the next few months I have been offered a team leader position. I have been told by someone at the Australian house that if I have a full time job and can prove I'm supporting myself I should be able to extend my visa for 5 years.

Any help right now would be so appreciative as I know I have ways to be able to stay, but its all just overwhelming right now on where to start!
Thank you all I look forward to some responses :)

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
Let's take your second option first.
Tier 5 can't be switched into any points-based system, i.e. employment leave within UK. You have to return home and apply afresh for Tier 2 General, with sponsorship. Unless your job is on shortage list, your boss has to demonstrate they couldn't find anyone who doesn't require a visa, by advertising etc UK Border Agency | The resident labour market test.

As for your birth mother, as you are over 18, her status is irrelevant (and it won't make any difference if you were under because she has no parental right) and you cannot stay on in UK on the strength of it. You have to qualify for a leave in your own right.

Since neither seems possible or probable, your other chances include ancestry visa (if you have UK-born grandparent - this can be through your adoptive parents), family route through marriage to a settled person or Tier 4 student.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.