Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I'm polish living in UK for the last 10 years but without British citizenship, my girlfriend is filipina on tier5 voluntary worker visa ... We know each other for year and half ... Is there any chance for her to stay here in UK and get married with me? , not yet officially but our date is set on December ..
Any thoughts on that ideas anything will help .... Thx

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
If her visa was originally issued for more than 6 months (It's usually for a maximum of 12 months), then yes, you can marry. But your case is likely to be referred to Home Office for a ruling by register office (must be one of the designated ones - google for a list), so expect the process to take longer (up to 70 days) and costs a bit more (£47 per person instead of £35). Bear this is mind as her visa must still be valid when she switches for leave to remain as spouse after marriage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there any chances that i can check that her visa is approved , coz she receive email with respond from visa application centre but there is nothing that will say is approved or rejected...
... A decision has been made on your application and your documents are being returned to the Visa Application Centre (VAC). You will be contacted again by the VAC once these documents have been received and they are ready for you to collect. If you have chosen to have your documents couriered to you, these will be despatched by the VAC once they have been received.

Please do not attend the application centre until you have been contacted by the VAC. UKVI contact details can be found at https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

UK Visas and Immigration
British Embassy Manila
Any ideas ?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
No, though sometimes they will let you know the outcome if you ask. Otherwise you just have to wait till you get your documents back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.