Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been accepted for an MSc course at University of Westminster. I'm putting together the document list for the visa application, and would like to get some feedback as to completeness. As a US citizen, I don't need a TB test or to prove that I speak English.

Items to be sent:

Sent to:
UK Visas and Immigration
British Consulate General
845 Third Avenue
New York

Documents to be held but not submitted if they are listed on CAS
• Transcripts used in application, original.
• Reference letters used in application. Original, or certified by University of Westminster as being authentic copies.
• Bank statement showing 9 months of funds for support held for at least 28 days. 9 months x £1020 = £9180. Original, statement must be no more than a month old.
• Official original receipts of fees paid both for course as well as housing unless shown on CAS.
• Evidence of receipt of scholarship, if applicable, unless shown on CAS.

It seems too easy... getting the money together will require some advance planning however.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
U.S. applicants don't normally need to include financial evidence.
That's right. The other items in the lower list are all supposed to be held by the applicant and made available upon request, based on my reading:

Students of low-risk nationalities attending courses with sponsors that hold
Tier 4 Sponsor status do not normally have to present documents at the
visa application stage in respect of their educational qualifications,
although the Home Office reserves the right to ask to see the evidence.
In Appendix 8, there are numerous items where this can be selected:

Put a cross (X) in the box to confirm evidence not required
under guidance, but held by applicant.
It seems prudent to have the money moved to the account and the original bank statement in hand, just in case they ask. With the exception of the original reference letters, I have or will have the other items.

Just trying to plan ahead... I remember reading about someone last August who was applying for a student visa incredibly last minute. It left a lasting impression.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.