Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a few threads related to this topic, but since each case is so unique I want to get opinions on my situation. My partner and I are planning to apply for the T4 unmarried partner visa. As of July 1st we will have been living together for 2 years, but overall we have been a couple for 5 years. However, I am very worried about the proof we need to submit so I was hoping to get advice on what we have so far and what we could do to make our application stronger.

Tenancy Agreement: This is the most concerning as we did have a lease, however my last name is spelled wrong on it and I never noticed until a few months ago. Our lease expired last July and we are now on a month to month agreement. I was hoping to have my landlord write a letter of tenancy for us, but I am worried that this won't mean anything. I also have a letter where we were informed that our rent was being raised, luckily my name is correct on this.

Bills The water and gas bills are in my partner's name, however most of these bills are e-bills. They of course say his name and our address and I can provide every single one over two years, but they aren't mailed copies. We have already asked both the utility companies to provide start of service letters and the most recent bills they can, but likely those would only go back a couple months. Luckily the cable bill is in my name and we never turned on e-bill pay so I have paper copies of various bills over the past two years.

Misc We also have our renter's insurance for the past two years which is in my partner's name, sadly I am not listed on this. I as well have requested copies of my tax returns which list our address. Also we have both requested bank statements from over the past two years, so we're set in that department.

Is there anything else we can provide as proof? Also is there any way that we can possibly submit all of our e-bills? On this forum I have seen people providing photos and texts but I haven't seen any such requirements anywhere else. Is this necessary?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
You must submit original bills. E bills won't be acceptable unless they are verified as original by the issuer.

You each need 6 official documents posted to you and fairly evenly spread over the last 2 years. The cable bill is not considered strong evidence. Utility bills, letters from official sources like doctors, DMV, IRS.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting that an internet bill is not good proof. I do have a prescription that is mailed to my residence every three months. Is that something that would be considered effective? The problem is I just haven't saved every piece of mail ever addressed to me :( so I'm trying to think of things that I can request that would have my address that are also good sources.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.