Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my husband will apply for a tier 4 visa to the uk for a master that is 1 year. we live in Egypt. what are the chances of applying for a tier 4 dependent visa for me and our 1 year old son? and is it better if we wait till he is settled and enrolled there or should we apply shortly after he gets his visa?
what are the documents that we should submit? and are there more than just legal documentation of marriage to be submitted along with the application?
thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much , he has gotten his Tier 4 visa now and we want to apply for me and our son as well but the situation is a bit different as i want my father to sponsor me financially through his bank statement , hr letter and letter of sponsorship
i read in a couple of forums that it is not possible but yet here in Egypt two consultants told me that it is possible for my father to sponsor me on a tier 4 dependent eventhough he is not present in the uk , plz tell me your opinion and also what is the case for my son coz the sponsorship was gonna be for the both of us. thank you so much for your help :)

·
Registered
39,123 Posts
Maybe, but it's best for your husband to sponsor you as he is the one living with you and your child in UK. Third-party sponsorship is usually for solo Tier 4 applicant, such as a single student being financed by their parents.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much for your help and advice
I have a couple more questions as well please, we'll be staying in coventry city should we show 680 GBP per month for 9 months as maintenance funds?
and here in Egypt we live in my husband's family house which is in his father's name we have been living there throughout the two years of our marriage, if i show any kind of bills it will show his father's name and not his, how do i show that we have been living in the same address? and what proofs should we should for our relationship?
Thanks again in advance :) !
you've been of a great help and support

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.