Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, so I recently applied for my Tier 4 (General) visa (from India) for my masters in the UK and submitted the following documents:
-CAS Letter
-Proof of funds (Bank statement with my name on it)
-Degree + Statement of marks
-Application form
-IHS receipt
-TB Certificate
My husband applied for his T4 Dependent visa along with me. He submitted the following documents:
-Our marriage registration certificate
-His employment proof here in India
-TB Certificate
-His degree + statement of marks
-Application form
-IHS receipt
I don't have concerns about my visa, but I do worry if the documents we submitted for my husband's visa are enough? We didn't submit any photos of the marriage ceremony. Will that be a problem? Also we submitted only one bank statement, not two. The account is in my name. We have planned everything according to the visa being approved. We can't afford any rejection at this point. Just want to know if these documents will do. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
The following statement is taken from:

Skilled Workers and Students (Dependents) Policy Guidance
https://assets.publishing.service.g...ile/869768/SWS_Dependant_Guidance_02-2020.pdf

[I]Documents we require
106. This evidence must be on the official letter-headed paper or stationery of the organisation and bearing the official stamp of that organisation. It must have been issued by an authorised official of that organisation.
107. Evidence must be in the form of cash funds. Other accounts or financial instruments such as
shares, bonds, pension funds etc, regardless of notice period are not acceptable.
108. If you wish to rely on a joint account as evidence of available funds, you, the main applicant, or (for children) your other parent must be named on the account along with one or more other
named individual(s).

If you have only provided a bank statement with YOUR name on it and not also your husband's then that would be an issue, taking into account the last statement above.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The following statement is taken from:

Skilled Workers and Students (Dependents) Policy Guidance

[I]Documents we require
106. This evidence must be on the official letter-headed paper or stationery of the organisation and bearing the official stamp of that organisation. It must have been issued by an authorised official of that organisation.
107. Evidence must be in the form of cash funds. Other accounts or financial instruments such as
shares, bonds, pension funds etc, regardless of notice period are not acceptable.
108. If you wish to rely on a joint account as evidence of available funds, you, the main applicant, or (for children) your other parent must be named on the account along with one or more other
named individual(s).

If you have only provided a bank statement with YOUR name on it and not also your husband's then that would be an issue, taking into account the last statement above.
This point below states that the funds can be held in the main applicant's account.

Evidence required for applications made as a Tier 4 dependant:

120. The documents required by Appendix E of the Immigration Rules are specified below:
i) Personal bank or building society statements covering the 28-day period immediately before
the application. The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:
• the name of the main applicant and/or your name, or (for children only) the name of your
other parent;
• the account number;
• the date of the statement;
• the financial institution’s name and logo;
• transactions covering the 28-day period before your application date;
• the amount of money available.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
This point below states that the funds can be held in the main applicant's account.

Evidence required for applications made as a Tier 4 dependant:

120. The documents required by Appendix E of the Immigration Rules are specified below:
i) Personal bank or building society statements covering the 28-day period immediately before
the application. The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:
• the name of the main applicant and/or your name, or (for children only) the name of your
other parent;
• the account number;
• the date of the statement;
• the financial institution’s name and logo;
• transactions covering the 28-day period before your application date;
• the amount of money available.
You've got your answer then .......

Reactions: Aburjwal
1 - 4 of 4 Posts