Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am married to an EU citizen and I am a peruvian citizen. I have been accepted in a 2 year post graduate degree in London. We have a baby but he still doesn't have his Romanian passport, only the peruvian one. The romanian takes around 6 months to get to us since we do not reside in Romania.

I was going to apply to an EEA family permit, but I wasn't sure about it because it only lasts for 6 months and I was afraid to have the EEA Resdident's card refused.

I have my appointment and my childs appointment in a week, to ask for the tier 4 for both of us. I am afraid it gets rejected since my husband is not part of the application (because obviously he doesn't need a visa)

A friend of mine who was going to her master's applied for her and her baby, and her husband only had a tourist visa (he was not part of her application) and she got the baby's visa refused because they said they could only give it to her if the father was also a dependent.

I am afraid this happens to me, but it doesn't make sense because my husband has the right to reside in the UK and work. Besides all of my funds for the course and the baby, He also has a lot of savings to proof he can support us for up to 3 years there, even without working.

ANY SIMILAR CASE? PLEASE?

·
Registered
39,148 Posts
The easiest is to apply for EEA family permit for you and your child, but this assumes your husband will accompany you to UK. Once there, he can either try to get a job or be self- sufficient, either of which is enough for him to be a qualified person (exercising treaty rights) and you can apply for your resident cards. I can't see why you should worry about being denied, provided you show your relationship is genuine, and he is exercising treaty rights. Getting a job is better of the two, because for self-sufficiency (relying on savings), all three of you need expensive comprehensive sickness insurance costing around £500 each.
I can't see any advantage in applying for Tier 4 and dependant visa, as it costs a lot more money and has more precise requirements. The only possible thing in its favour is should UK leave EU, those living in UK under EU rules will face uncertain future. But this may not happen and will probably be decided after you've completed your course.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you Joppa. You are right! I feel like I've made a mistake applying for the Tier 4... but I feel safer because I know exactly what they ask for.
Lets see how I do!
all the best and thank you so much!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.