Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!
I am currently considering an opportunity in the UK (with my current employer) and have a couple quick questions:

1) I understand that the easiest visa to get would be the Tier 2 (Intra company transfer) visa which would allow me to stay for a total of five years. It appears like the time I spend in the UK on this visa will not count towards ILR. Can somebody please confirm this?

2) Is it possible for my company to apply for a Tier 2 (General) visa on my behalf in spite of this being an intra-company transfer? This will not be an exact transfer: I will be taking on additional duties and responsibilities, it is more of a promotion. Is the resident labour market test something that is very complicated? Also, my stay in the UK on this visa would count towards ILR, correct?

Thanks a lot for your help. Any suggestions or advice are much appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
Greetings!
I am currently considering an opportunity in the UK (with my current employer) and have a couple quick questions:

1) I understand that the easiest visa to get would be the Tier 2 (Intra company transfer) visa which would allow me to stay for a total of five years. It appears like the time I spend in the UK on this visa will not count towards ILR. Can somebody please confirm this?
Correct.

2) Is it possible for my company to apply for a Tier 2 (General) visa on my behalf in spite of this being an intra-company transfer? This will not be an exact transfer: I will be taking on additional duties and responsibilities, it is more of a promotion. Is the resident labour market test something that is very complicated? Also, my stay in the UK on this visa would count towards ILR, correct?
I don't know if you can apply for a Tier 2 General for a company that you already work for. To qualify, they have to prove there is no one in the UK or EU who can fill the position. So, they have to advertise for the position appropriately. It's extremely difficult to qualify for a Tier 2 General.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Greetings!

Thanks a lot for your help. Any suggestions or advice are much appreciated!
Hi,

1. Yes, Tier 2 ICT is the easiest option. but its not like you will get the visa for 5 yrs in one stamp. first you will get for 3 yr then 2 yr! but if i am not wrong, here something called 'Cooling Off Period' comes in to the picture. i am not an immigration expert but wanted to hint you on this point.

as you will go through the cooling off period after first 3 yrs, you will be away from UK more than 90 days which makes you ineligible for ILR. there must be a workaround!!!

2. I think you can not switch from Tier2 ICT to Tier2 general. If so, your employer must need to go through the resident labour market test (as you are not a student/PSW from UK) and you need to apply from out side of the UK.

Please correct me if i am wrong on the above!!!

Regards,
Krishna.

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
ICT is pretty useless now if you want settlement. Only those earning extremely high salary like £150k are eligible.
No switching from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General. You have to go home first and apply.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi joppa,

Could you please explain, how cooling off period works for both Tier ICT and Tier 2 genaral.

My case i am in Tier 2 general from psw! will cooling off period apply on me?

Krishna.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Further, My case:

1) Working with employer during psw (2yrs) + Tier2 general 3yrs = 5 yrs eligible for ILR?

2) Working with Employer during PSW + Tier 2 (3yr) + Tier2 (2yr) = 5 yrs eligible for ILR?

someone said, point '1' is also eligible provided we should work with an employer !!! and he need to certify the employment status, is that true?

Point '2', I know with or without psw we are eligible for ILR only with Tier2

thanks in advance.
krishna.

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
Further, My case:

1) Working with employer during psw (2yrs) + Tier2 general 3yrs = 5 yrs eligible for ILR?
No. Time spent under PSW visa doesn't count towards settlement, so you need 5 years under Tier 2.

2) Working with Employer during PSW + Tier 2 (3yr) + Tier2 (2yr) = 5 yrs eligible for ILR?
Yes, that's fine.

someone said, point '1' is also eligible provided we should work with an employer !!! and he need to certify the employment status, is that true?
No.

Point '2', I know with or without psw we are eligible for ILR only with Tier2
Yes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.