Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I've been hired by a company in the UK (ASDA) and they've applied for my CoS and I've applied for my Visa. I'm going for my biometric appt. 5/11. I'm concerned that a first offense DUI from 2 years ago where I was under the limit (and have a certified letter from AZ stating that I was under the limit) but they still gave me a misdemeanor DUI will hurt my VISA application. Does anyone have any words of wisdom? Also, with my sponsor somewhat fast-tracking me, how long does it usually take for the visa to be approved/declined? Thank you for any help you can provide. I'm stressing about this and losing sleep:)

·
Registered
39,154 Posts
Hello!

I've been hired by a company in the UK (ASDA) and they've applied for my CoS and I've applied for my Visa. I'm going for my biometric appt. 5/11. I'm concerned that a first offense DUI from 2 years ago where I was under the limit (and have a certified letter from AZ stating that I was under the limit) but they still gave me a misdemeanor DUI will hurt my VISA application. Does anyone have any words of wisdom? Also, with my sponsor somewhat fast-tracking me, how long does it usually take for the visa to be approved/declined? Thank you for any help you can provide. I'm stressing about this and losing sleep.
You just have to disclose it and take full responsibility for it. Enclose a covering letter stating the circumstances, you take full responsibility for it, you have learnt a lesson and wish to move on. I don't think it will stop you getting your visa, but criminality is looked at more closely for ILR application in 5 years.

You can fast-track your application by paying extra for priority, which will normally get you an answer within 48 hours of their receiving your supporting documents.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.