Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Does HR tell you if there are no more Certificates of Sponsorship available, or if they have never had any in the first place.

If the college has used up all of the allocated Certs, I don't think you can be allocated any more during the current year.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Certicates of Sponsorship are allocated to employers so that they can sponsor non-EU candidates not colleges or universities.
I should have clarified that, Nyclon. I looked at it as the college is also an employer and as such they will have been allocated a number of Certificates of Sponsorship to fill vacancies on the faculty and for support roles.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Thank you all I will look further into this with the information provided. As it stands it looks like the college needs to apply for more certificates. The employee has until mid February next year. So if we need to apply for additional certificates we can do that for 2013. Or maybe ask nicely for this year.
You may want to look this page over, and there are additional links to more information on the page as well:

UK Border Agency | Assigning certificates of sponsorship

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.