Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently arrived in UK (on 27 July 2017) as part of an accepted application for a Tier 2 dependent visa in relation to my husband who is been here since 5 years. As part of the application done from Kochi VFS global and an entry clearance stamped on my passport I was asked to collect my BRP within 10 days of arrival in the UK. Following this on my multiple attempts to collect my BRP card I was informed by the Home office in Sheffield that I wont be issued a BRP because the valid date on my entry clearance is wrongly stamped as 31.8.17 ( according to his old BRP ) from British High Commission Chennai, India and not according to his new BRP which is valid till 15.8.2020. His application for the visa extension till 2020 was approved 10 days before I made my application from India though he hadnt received the BRP by post till then and which he received a week later. Therefore the reason stated by Home office Sheffield is because of a wrongly dated entry clearance stamped by the British High Commission in Chennai possibly and asked to rectify it with them. There is no response from their side after sending an email to them. Is anyone aware of any other way to go about this?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Not really, only Chennai office can correct it. You have to wait more as everything is taking longer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.