Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys!

I'm filling my Tier 2 Dependant visa application for me and my little kid.
I'm holding Vietnamese citizenship, and have been staying in the USA for about 6 years for my study. So in my situation, how should I answer those questions?

1. Have you ever travelled outside your country of residence, excluding the UK, in the last 10 years?
In the last 10 years, I have lived in 3 countries: Vietnam, France and USA. Thus my country of residence also changed, didn't it? Beside that, I also traveled a bit. Should I list all of my trips including trip to Vietnam, France and USA?

2. Have you spent more than 12 months in a country, consecutively or cumulatively, other than your current location, in the past 10 years? (or since reaching the age of 18 if less)?
If I understand it correctly: As I'm living in the US right now, I don't need list my trip to US in the answer. I only need to list Vietnam and France, right? But I'm from Vietnam, and I had stayed in the Vietnam until I left for France to study. So how do I list that Vietnam "trip"? :confused:

3. In the section about Main Applicant (my spouse):
What is the address where the main applicant works or studies?
What is the start date/end date of the job or course?
To answer these question, should I list my spouse's current job in the US, or his future job in the UK? I think it makes sense for them to ask about the job in the UK, but the present verb tense in the questions just confuses me a bit.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello guys!

I'm filling my Tier 2 Dependant visa application for me and my little kid.
I'm holding Vietnamese citizenship, and have been staying in the USA for about 6 years for my study. So in my situation, how should I answer those questions?

1. Have you ever travelled outside your country of residence, excluding the UK, in the last 10 years?
In the last 10 years, I have lived in 3 countries: Vietnam, France and USA. Thus my country of residence also changed, didn't it? Beside that, I also traveled a bit. Should I list all of my trips including trip to Vietnam, France and USA?

2. Have you spent more than 12 months in a country, consecutively or cumulatively, other than your current location, in the past 10 years? (or since reaching the age of 18 if less)?
If I understand it correctly: As I'm living in the US right now, I don't need list my trip to US in the answer. I only need to list Vietnam and France, right? But I'm from Vietnam, and I had stayed in the Vietnam until I left for France to study. So how do I list that Vietnam "trip"? :confused:

3. In the section about Main Applicant (my spouse):
What is the address where the main applicant works or studies?
What is the start date/end date of the job or course?
To answer these question, should I list my spouse's current job in the US, or his future job in the UK? I think it makes sense for them to ask about the job in the UK, but the present verb tense in the questions just confuses me a bit.

Thanks in advance!
hello,
here's my comment based on application for my wife & children

1. it depends on the Country where you applying the UKVisa. if you want to apply UKVI from USA, just fill all the travel history out of USA and the arrival date when you stay in USA. make sure you submit the copy the travel history of last 10 years from all passport , including your Resident card as proof of Resident.

2. if you didnt go to vietnam during last 10 years from UK/France, then no need to put travel history to vietnam. dont forget to add Criminal report for all the country of your residence since you are applying UKVI as dependant.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
3. put your spouse future job in UK.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying!

I got an email that our visas got approved and printed today. We will get all our documents and passports with visas tomorrow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.