Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is off the road so I had no choice but to use a taxi this evening.

The cab driver went to smoke and I asked him not to, he told me it was the Egyptian way but he didn't light he chatted no stop on his mobile from Agouza to Faisel St but when he managed to get up some speed I asked him to concentrate on his driving, he told the person on the other end of the phone... first I can't smoke and now I cant talk she does not not buy my car.. then he threw me out before my destination.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
My car is off the road so I had no choice but to use a taxi this evening.

The cab driver went to smoke and I asked him not to, he told me it was the Egyptian way but he didn't light he chatted no stop on his mobile from Agouza to Faisel St but when he managed to get up some speed I asked him to concentrate on his driving, he told the person on the other end of the phone... first I can't smoke and now I cant talk she does not not buy my car.. then he threw me out before my destination.
Outrageous - did you get his number??

report him . . . errr but who to and who will listen....:confused2:

see if you can find a "limo" (private car) driver company rather than a taxi - we have one in Rehab.

·
Registered
468 Posts
A foreigner thrown out of a taxi.. what has happend to Egypt!?

·
Registered
14,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A foreigner thrown out of a taxi.. what has happend to Egypt!?

no law and order...

there was a law brought in about 4 years ago that using mobiles was prohibited whilst driving.. and there was a big spiel on television by the transport minister that Egyptians will still be obeying this law in years to come it would not be like any other law, forgotten after two weeks. The police use their phones and drivers do it even when passing police,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts