Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greece is one of the most difficult places in Europe to do business. I have opened a business here and the red tape is quite unbelievable. Hopefully this will be streamlined in the future, otherwise there will be no new investment coming in.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Greece is one of the most difficult places in Europe to do business. I have opened a business here and the red tape is quite unbelievable. Hopefully this will be streamlined in the future, otherwise there will be no new investment coming in.
I also wonder why they are so amazed that the country is almost bankrupt.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Even when you manage to open a business - they bleed you dry and you are treated as a cheat even though you have never cheated the system! We had three businesses - I closed the woman's clothes shop - hubby will close his builders yard this year once we find the thousands to pay other people's debts (people who refuse to pay for the materials while the lounge in their newly build villa) Law is never on the side of businesses - even closing a business leaves you with a massive bill! Trying to explain that if you had that kind of money you wouldn't have to close!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Stool Sample

I haven't been able to stop laughing since I read about the stool sample requirement--I would like to ask Fotis why they needed this? :confused2: By the way, pos legete "stool sample" in elliniki? :focus:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I really hope you don't need this information ever
I lol'd :)

My gf. needed this (along with urine samples and chest x-ray) when she got hired at a restaurant. I guess this is for checking you of any malicious bacteria or viruses.

I think this is quite normal if working in the food industry, but totally worthless if you want to open anything else unrelated to food.

·
Banned
167 Posts
I lol'd :)

My gf. needed this (along with urine samples and chest x-ray) when she got hired at a restaurant. I guess this is for checking you of any malicious bacteria or viruses.

I think this is quite normal if working in the food industry, but totally worthless if you want to open anything else unrelated to food.
Well, being an online store he was talking about. It could well be the viruses that they are worried about?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts