Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had the great news today that my TRA hairdressing was SUCCESSFUL,i was running round the house jumping up and down!!! now i know that this might seem extreme but this was our third applicationm as they had said there was not enough evidence on my training(i have been a hairdresser for 24 years!!) i just wanted to share my good news with you all and that if at first you dont succeed try again (and again in our case) have applied for SS WA today so starts another long waite!!:D

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
CONGRATS SHEZ. for positive assessment and good luck for SS and DIAC application:clap2:

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Congratulations Shez,

That's the biggie to get over, once your skills assessment has been passed it's usually plain sailing from hereon in.

Dolly

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Congratulations Shez

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
:confused::confused:thanks for all your congrats!! i am getting a bit worried about all the talk of SS and 36 months waiting,my skill is still on the MODL do you think i too will have to waite 36 months,we are applying for WA SS,thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
:confused::confused:thanks for all your congrats!! i am getting a bit worried about all the talk of SS and 36 months waiting,my skill is still on the MODL do you think i too will have to waite 36 months,we are applying for WA SS,thanks
Hi Shez, you can go through this pdf doc (http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/faq-priority-processing.pdf). It's very comprehensive. Not all MODL is CSL.

At the moment it looks like most non CSL will have to wait for a while. Thing is, going through the forum, most Visas are approved if nothing major happens. So it would just seem like a matter of time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i had the great news today that my TRA hairdressing was SUCCESSFUL,i was running round the house jumping up and down!!! now i know that this might seem extreme but this was our third applicationm as they had said there was not enough evidence on my training(i have been a hairdresser for 24 years!!) i just wanted to share my good news with you all and that if at first you dont succeed try again (and again in our case) have applied for SS WA today so starts another long waite!!:D
Shez, were did you do the TRA ass about my daughter in ausse & we are looking for her to do the tra ass for hairdressing in Ausse, it looks completed & very expensive too have you got any advice for her thanks :confused:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shez, were did you do the TRA ass about my daughter in ausse & we are looking for her to do the tra ass for hairdressing in Ausse, it looks completed & very expensive too have you got any advice for her thanks :confused:
hi there,i did my TRA paper based,i had to send lots or paper work off to show what experience i had,i sent all my city and guild certificates,copies of my work diary, a very detailed description of what i did every day and a VERY detailed letter of how i physically learnt to do all aspects of hairdressing from washing hair to applying colours,as i said my application was all paper based on experience as i had my certificates,i think you have to do a practical assesement if you dont have these but have the experience,also i HAD to have at least 2 years evidence of working. I think there are changes coming in for all visa applications done on shore to evidence working practical evidence.this is my experience for doing if from england so im not too sure how it differs from doing it in oz!!!! i suppose it all depends on how long shes been working as a hairdresser and what qualifications she has. good luck if you need any help please ask:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts