Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am Wendy from New Zealand, with Taiwanese ethnicity and I am bilingual (English and Mandarin Chinese). I have a vagabond nature and I've lived in Taiwan, New Zealand, the US (2012-2013) and now I am living in the UK (since 2014). It's time for my next adventure and I would love to go to France and improve my French (learnt some in High School and in University) and get immersed in the culture. I haven't applied for my working visa yet and by the time I get everything ready, it would be around winter time and I would be very happy to work at a ski resort or somewhere near, to improve on my skiing skills. I have just been introduced to this website and everything is really new to me... this is just the 'begging' on my plan for next adventure. If anyone have any suggestions and recommendations, I would highly appreciate it :) If anyone has any questions about New Zealand, Taiwan and the US, I would be happy to answer those too!
Cheers!
Wendy

·
Administrator
50,474 Posts
Hi Wendy and welcome to the forum. I assume you've done your homework regarding the visa situation - in your case, either some sort of working holiday visa or something like that. Otherwise working visas can be pretty hard to come by unless you have a job lined up with an employer to sponsor the work permit.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Bev,
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I've done my homework on the visa situation and I plan on getting a 12 months working holiday visa.
Cheers!
Wendy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts