Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

As a newcomer to the site I apologise if this post is long winded. As a primary teacher I am looking at the possibility of coming out to Dubai to teach. The package I am looking at offers a salary between 135,000AED-197,000AED, furnished accomodation,medical etc. The school does offer a child place but as my son is a secondary aged pupil I don't know if I can negotiate that place being offered in its sister secondary institution. Without this will the salary be sufficient for a family of 3? Secondly my wife works as a manager in the social care field, particularly elderly care. What would the chances be of her finding work if we come out there?

Once again sorry for the length of the post.
Anthony

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
I think you'd probably struggle a bit unless your wife got a job too. Don't think there's much demand for her experience in paid positions out here though. You'd manage to live comfortably, but that would be about it.

You're looking at up to 50,000 AED a year in school fees for secondary school

·
Banned
598 Posts
as said above tuition for children is $$$$$$$$$.
Just for my daughter 2nd grade its 42,000aed a year.
My son's school is 37,500aed
also you make no mention of car allowance. Cars are exspensive here.
yes they offer housing, but do they pay all your bills? elec, water, internet, phone, ect..? All of those are out the arse aswell.
Do you make more money or the same money at home? If you do then stay, if not you prolly still should stay.

Concerning the care for elderly. Most if not all arabic families around here keep the old folk at home and take care of them thier with family or maids. There are no old folk homes here. sorry.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Concerning the care for elderly. Most if not all arabic families around here keep the old folk at home and take care of them thier with family or maids. There are no old folk homes here. sorry.
There could be scope for social work, assisting family in organizing home care and assisting with optimizing the home environment. BUT... big BUT... she would really need to be able to speak arabic, and understand local culture to be able to do that. There's not many expat elderly people here, and my geriatric patients understand very little English.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.