Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My wife and I have made the decision to emigrate but probably face what many are facing. We both completed the online visa application and both got passing marks of 110. When I spoke with the visa bureau, however, I was told I needed 5 years senior management experience as assessed by the AIM.

I am currently a Sales Manager with 2 years experience in this role, which is obviously insufficient.

One of the guys at the Visa Bureau recommended a Relocation Managment Company (Bridges Relocation). I have spoken to them and have got the relevant information back.

They are involved with agencies in Australia and propose the following fees. £500 once they have assessed my application 'positively'. £1750 once I receive a job offer. This will obviously necessitate me going to Oz on a working holiday for interviews, which I have no problem doing.

My question is this, is this a worthwhile exercise and what are my other options.

Many thanks in advance.

Gareth Brisbane (yes its my real surname!)

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi Gareth

A lot of people do it without agent assistance and many like us use an agent. It depends on how confident you are with your documents. many dont have the luxury of wasting time (they are nearing the upper age limit) and others feel too lazy to do it on their own and few who are not well read. where would you place yourslef. if u feel you can do it on your own, with reading every possible thing you come across, do it on your own, if you dont feel confident and feel you can do with a little help and dont mind spending, hiring an agent is worth it but still read a lot so that you know what the agent is doing and suggest if at all he is doing anything wrong.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Hi Gareth,

Cool name! Welcome to the forum.

If you use the relocation company, come over to Australia for a few weeks to go to interviews what happens if you don't secure a job in those few weeks? I'm presuming you're looking at getting a company sponsored visa?

Dolly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts