Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am a student who has been offered admission into ESADE Msc Marketing Mgt. Thinking of joining as it seems an amazing course and i feel the ESADE is a good brand . :)

But wondering if the present scenario in Spain would be a concern especially in the case of career prospects. :confused2:

What do u people think??

Any thoughts appreciated!! :)

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Hi Guys,

I am a student who has been offered admission into ESADE Msc Marketing Mgt. Thinking of joining as it seems an amazing course and i feel the ESADE is a good brand . :)

But wondering if the present scenario in Spain would be a concern especially in the case of career prospects. :confused2:

What do u people think??

Any thoughts appreciated!! :)
I know nothing about the course you're thinking of taking, but I know that employment prospects and the economy in Spain arent good.

Jo xxx

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know nothing about the course you're thinking of taking, but I know that employment prospects and the economy in Spain arent good.

Jo xxx

Umm... Is the job scene bad for individuals with a decent masters as well?

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Umm... Is the job scene bad for individuals with a decent masters as well?
Its bad for everyone. If you're fluent in spoken and written Spanish and you have skills that are in short supply in spain then your chances are a better, but by no means are you assured to get a job. There are many highly skilled nationals who are scraping a living by doing menial and part time jobs

Jo xxx

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its bad for everyone. If you're fluent in spoken and written Spanish and you have skills that are in short supply in spain then your chances are a better, but by no means are you assured to get a job. There are many highly skilled nationals who are scraping a living by doing menial and part time jobs

Jo xxx

I am learning spanish but dont think my level would be in any way near a native speaker. I am not sure in regard to the skills aspect but was hoping that ESADE would help me get a job. :confused:

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
I am learning spanish but dont think my level would be in any way near a native speaker. I am not sure in regard to the skills aspect but was hoping that ESADE would help me get a job. :confused:

Unless they can categorically guarantee you well paid work and a contract, then I wouldnt expect it and would be surprised if they could anyway! Its hard times in Spain, austerity measures, redundancies and businesses closing. I cant imagine that anyone could guarantee anything right now.

That said, you need to find out more. Would you need a work visa? In which case would there be companies who would be prepared to cover the cost of sponsoring you?? Lots for you to think about, especially if you're going to part with money

Jo xxx

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unless they can categorically guarantee you well paid work and a contract, then I wouldnt expect it and would be surprised if they could anyway! Its hard times in Spain, austerity measures, redundancies and businesses closing. I cant imagine that anyone could guarantee anything right now.

That said, you need to find out more. Would you need a work visa? In which case would there be companies who would be prepared to cover the cost of sponsoring you?? Lots for you to think about, especially if you're going to part with money

Jo xxx
Not essentially. But talked to one of the present students and according to him finding a good job is possible. I have seen so far the student visa but the rest documentation is yet to be known. Their records of placement are pretty decent but cant find anything else.
MSc in Marketing - Placement info - My future career - MSc Programmes in Management - ESADE Business School

:confused::confused2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts