Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening, we have just moved into the ranches and are thinking of building a small pool in the back garden.

However, we are also considering a Hot Tub. If we went for the pool we would have a heater installed for the winter months, whereas a hot tub would already have this, be half (or more) of the price but be smaller and we could turn the heat off in the summer months and allow it to warm naturally.

Does anyone have a pool and/or a hot tub who could provide some feedback about which one they would recommend and the problems associated with each?

Also, if you have any recomendations of good (reasonable) Pool design companies and builders that would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
And you own the Property ?

I ask as someone else considered the same last year and found their rent rising due to the new feature.

'Warm naturally' is an interesting phrase - a hot tub would be hotter than a bath in the summer.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Twowheelsgood is right, you have to cool the pool or hot tub in the summer, which adds to the cost. We have neighbours (in the ranches) who have one and they use it from mid Sept- November then from late Jan until around now. They pay a pool cleaning company to manage it for that time but don't bother heating or cooling it.

There pool came with the place and they preferred it because it means the garden is low maintenence but there are still significant costs if you want to use it all year.

·
Registered
92 Posts
We are moving into the Ranches next year and are looking at the same thing!! I was the guy who asked a while back but didn't really get a response so interested to see if anyone has a recommendation.

From research I have found a few good looking companies, but can't find anyone who has used them (Silver Fox, Grovesnor Pools, Toscana and Dreamscape), would be interested if anyone has used them!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts