Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I wonder what happens when people change their jobs after receiving assessment results from ACS (or from any other assessing body for that matter), especially when their new jobs do not correspond to the ANZSCO codes that they had their skills assessed against.

For example, what will happen if I am happy with the positive result I receive from ACS on my experience as a Systems Engineer (263111) and then I move to a different job as a Software Engineer (261313)? Since I am sure I will have sufficient points already, do I need to make an assessment again in order to incorporate the new job, or should I just simply declare that the new job is not relevant to my ANZSCO?

I just wonder what the CO will think once they find out that my current job does not correspond to my chosen ANZSCO.

Replies would be quite appreciated. Thanks.

--- mcgyver

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello,

Anyone care to reply?... :)

--- mcgyver

·
Registered
124 Posts
If you have received positive assessment from ACS, and then you change job then there will not be issue. But if you have jobs divided under two skills before your assessment with ACS, then you are in tricky situation :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts