Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For any number of reasons, it looks as if our plans will be brought forward with regard to our move to the island. Instead of April or September, 2013, it looks as if it is going to be September or October this year. So my apologies if more and more questions are posed on this forum. I'll do my best to make sure they have not been asked before.

When my wife and I got married in 2006, she did not bother to change the name on her passport (it's still in her maiden name). Each time we have thought about changing it, the thought of paying £77 for the privilege has put us off. However with our move imminent, I was wondering whether we may be complicating things if we don't. To add insult to injury, the passport expires in a couple of years.

In the UK we have got round the occasional problem of just showing our marriage certificate when using the passport for identification, but knowing the love Cypriots have of administration and the correct forms for everything, are we storing up complications for ourselves? For example, as my wife is in receipt of a State Pension (and I will have to be her dependent for healthcare purposes), I would hate the passport issue to muddy the waters.

No doubt a host of other questions to come in the next few days and weeks.

·
Super Moderator
12,539 Posts
I would definitely recommend that she changes her passport before coming.
Passports are needed for identification on many occassions and to confuse the Cypriots is not a good idea:D

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suspected as much. Thanks for the quick reply, Veronica. More questions to follow and if you go on at this rate then a drink or two in the Autumn may well be in order. We are looking forward to the move more and more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts