Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15,677 Posts
My goodness, they each get their own bowl! I suppose it stops the spats over pecking order.

I love the stripey-tailed ones, they must have a lot of wildcat genes in them.

·
Registered
15,677 Posts
We have a little colony of feral cats on the edge of the village. Here they are waiting for an old lady who comes and feeds them every morning. Sadly their life expectancy isn't very long, they have plenty of food but succumb to disease and traffic. Yours are the lucky ones Thrax!

Attachments

·
Registered
22,362 Posts
What we at ADANA advocate is TNR...trap, neuter, return. If you can do that then you are helping keep the feral l cat colony down.

We have several feral cats living in a shelter we've made at the end of our garden and we feed them as well as half a dozen cats living around our Instituto. This keeps rats and other vermin down.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are nine cats visible in the picture and another is on the window ledge so you can't see him. The tricky one to see is under the cabinet...

·
Registered
502 Posts
Where my mother has her place on the Costa Brava, there used to live a Belgian lady who always fed the feral cats. Unfortunately they weren't neutered and multiplied, causing a bit of a problem and discord among the neighbours, though not with my mother who was a close friend of hers. Since she died a while ago, all the cats have completely disappeared. I suspect they were rounded up...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts