Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
284 Posts
There was a quake last night? Didn't notice.

Since I've been here they have been talking about the big one but didn't even see the huge one coming so I don't put too much faith into their predictions anymore. Kind of like saying it's going to rain sometime in the next year.

·
Banned
284 Posts
I don't know, that HAARP stuff isn't that nuts, wouldn't be surprised in a hundred years or so they could actually do it.

·
Banned
284 Posts
They often do similations of what would happen and basically, if you live in an old section of town with small wood buildings you're screwed, toast, mashmellow. They know that something like 90% of the deaths will come from those sections. The rest of us basically have very little too fear but it's always a good idea to prepare a little. We use water coolers at home for years now but since the last big quake and the run on water we've increased our supply from 40 liters to 60 liters at all times.

·
Banned
284 Posts
A person died in kanagawa at a costco when the roof to the ramp leading up to the parking lot collapsed. I think the total number of people in the area was 3 or 4. Might have been in Chiba or Saitama though.

I actually joined that place, but it only lasted a few minutes. After they told us to check our bags in before shopping to prevent shoplifting I returned their card and got my money back. They told me, rules are rules and it's what keeps their store alive, not the customers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts