Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 925 Posts

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This thread is for UAE expats who have questions about visa runs. Expats going on visa runs and looking for other expats to join to split costs evenly can also use this thead to announce trips.

Rules:

1. DO NOT POST YOUR CONTACT DETAILS FOR EVERYONE TO SEE! This includes names, phone numbers and email addresses. Your details will get deleted and you will get an infraction too. This is for your own safety. Use the private message facility instead.

2. Use this thread at your own risk. Stay safe and be careful who you are joining or letting join you for a visa run.

3. This thread is not for people to make money out of visa runs. You are expected to disclose the full cost of the trip in advance and split the costs evenly.

4. Do not use this thread to do business. Private drivers or individuals offering visa runs and people touting for business in general will get an immediate ban from the forum as per the forum rules.

5. Only regular forum members are allowed to post here (those with 5 USEFUL posts or more).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Mate, does it need to be tomorrow?
I'm looking at going on the 16th, I know a private driver and it'll cost 100 each if we get 3 people, and 150 if just 2.
Let me know if you're interested.
Hey Evenstar and Bluburd - shame I missed you guys today! I also need to do a visa run, am planning on going this weekend (20th or 21st).

Evenstar - could you give me the number of the private driver you know?

Anyone else interested in going and splitting the bill with me?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah sorry man were back now, quick easy run thank god, next month if you still need it.
Cheers, that would be great.

Just so I know what to look forward to, how long did it take you?
And did you go with Evenstar's private driver or did you drive yourself?

·
Registered
9 Posts
No I rented a car, so I drove and we split the costs.

I left Dubai down town area about the return journey took about 4 hours.

Took about 1hr 45mins out there 30mins thru the check points etc and 1hr 45mins back.

Not bad. It was my first

·
Registered
5 Posts
No I rented a car, so I drove and we split the costs.

I left Dubai down town area about the return journey took about 4 hours.

Took about 1hr 45mins out there 30mins thru the check points etc and 1hr 45mins back.

Not bad. It was my first
Where did you rent the car?
Or do you know the name of a private driver - I know Evenstar mentioned one?

Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Don't know about the private driver, evenstar ended up coming with me.

I rented from Thrifty . Offices all over the place-

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hiya, think I may need to do this too, got to go to some official office tonight to double check & I could be in with you Phileas. Could 27th/28th work for you? G

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone doing VISA RUN 1st week Feb

Anyone doing a visa run in before the 5th on feb? I can share taxi or whoever. Please let me know

G

·
Hi. Im new to the forum. Parter has relocated to the UAE and I cant join him until we are married. But I understand that this Visa Run maybe something that allows me to get out there quicker, rather than us having to cancel our already planned and paid for wedding in August or having to be apart for the next 8 months.

Would someone mind clarifying the details of this Visa Run situation for me?

I have been told 2 different things so want to make sure I dont do something Im not allowed to do!

Im a UK citizen, and I have been told that I can come to the UAE then 30 days later go to Oman, spend some time there and return to UAE with another 30days visa. Is this correct and by what you guys are referring to above? If so can you keep doing this for a period of 8 mths until we are legally married and I am able to obtain a spouse visa?

Many thanks for your assistance.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Im a UK citizen, and I have been told that I can come to the UAE then 30 days later go to Oman, spend some time there and return to UAE with another 30days visa. Is this correct and by what you guys are referring to above? If so can you keep doing this for a period of 8 mths until we are legally married and I am able to obtain a spouse visa?

Many thanks for your assistance.
You only have to be in Oman long enough to get a stamp, then you turn around and head for Dubai, and yes at the moment you can repeat this until your passport runs out of blank pages!

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just a reminder to please read the forum and thread rules, it clearly says to NOT POST CONTACT DETAILS HERE. That's what the private message facility is for. And before anybody complains about not being able to send PM's, you will be able to do so after your fifth post. CRAPPY posts to get your post count up will be deleted.

G

·
imom said:
You only have to be in Oman long enough to get a stamp, then you turn around and head for Dubai, and yes at the moment you can repeat this until your passport runs out of blank pages!
Thanks so much imom for clarifying. That will help me a great deal! Was no relishing the idea of being without the other half! UAE here I come :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Visa Run before 3rd Feb

Hey guys, is anyone needing to do a visa run this week to oman?

if anyone else is wanting to go this week please let me know. would be much less boring and expensive to go with someone else:p

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys, is anyone needing to do a visa run this week to oman?

if anyone else is wanting to go this week please let me know. would be much less boring and expensive to go with someone else:p
hey, i need to do one this week. will be my first, so going with someone would be good. i was planning to get the Bus if i cant find space in someone else's car !

1 - 20 of 925 Posts