Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Assuming there IS a vote held in November. Just as the second wave should be ramping up for flu season.
I seem to remember reading somewhere that Potus 45 saying they will go ahead, quite frankly I think he will let them go ahead, look at how he wants to open States and the economy. But then again who knows, it's totally impossible to predict what ****e he'll come out with each new day.

Reactions: Veronica

·
Administrator
49,106 Posts
I seem to remember reading somewhere that Potus 45 saying they will go ahead, quite frankly I think he will let them go ahead, look at how he wants to open States and the economy. But then again who knows, it's totally impossible to predict what ****e he'll come out with each new day.
There have been all sorts of articles coming out lately insisting that the President cannot legally interfere with the scheduling of elections. But he has been doing lots of chatter about how mail in ballots (perfectly legal in many states) are "subject to fraud." Seems to be his campaign against any sort of nation wide preparation for mailed in ballots or making a postal mail ballot simpler or more uniform.

Remains to be seen how things go.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brilliantly written article.
Many people have written on this topic. To me, what makes this one different is, A) the author's credentials, and B) the fact that he is not just speaking for himself, but for a group of Republican part regulars.

Smeg said:
But you do realise, he will get voted in again.
🤮

Reactions: Tigerlillie

·
Administrator
49,106 Posts
I am really really sorry to have to hide the article, but it is a flagrant copyright violation to post a full article like that without the express permission of the author. Summarize the article in your own words and feel free to select a few choice "fair use" quotes. But I can't let a full verbatim copy of the article stay on the forum. Sorry.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Reactions: DejW

·
Administrator
49,106 Posts
Understood. Here is a link to a piece in the Huffington Post with a summary of the article.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/george-conway-op-ed-trump-ballistic_n_5eb35c30c5b652c5647247fd
That's a good way to do it! I've noticed that the "interesting" articles hidden behind a pay wall very often can be found in whole or in summary form on another website or publication. (If they're violating copyright then they are the ones who will bear the consequences.)

Thanks for your understanding.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Apparently Trumps valet has tested positive. Trump recently referred to people that died from the virus in pursuit of reopening the US economy as warriors. Since Trump unfortunately couldn’t be a warrior in Vietnam due to his bone spurs perhaps he’ll get a chance to be a warrior in this war against the virus.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am really really sorry to have to hide the article, but it is a flagrant copyright violation to post a full article like that without the express permission of the author. Summarize the article in your own words and feel free to select a few choice "fair use" quotes. But I can't let a full verbatim copy of the article stay on the forum. Sorry.
Bev, here's a link to the full article on MSN.com that is not behind a paywall. Includes some video stuff as well:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/news...er-its-because-he-knows-the-truth/ar-BB13HRA1

·
Registered
50 Posts
This is such a cogent expression of the feckless nature of Donald Trump's presidency, that I just *had* to revive this thread:

·
Registered
'you can take the boy out of Sarf London, but you can't take Sarf London outta the boy'
1,596 Posts
He is the gift that keeps on giving.......you couldn’t make it up..

·
Registered
297 Posts
Just saw this elsewhere:
"This is an awful man, waving a book he hasn't read, in front of a church he doesn't attend, invoking laws he doesn't understand, against fellow Americans he sees as enemies, wielding a military he dodged serving [in], to protect powers he gained via foreign interference, exploiting fear and anger he loves to stoke, after failing to adress a pandemic he was warned about, and building all on a bed of constant lies and childish inanity."
Robert Hendrickson, Rector of Saint Philip's in the Hills Episcopal Church in Tucson, AZ

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Seems Trump's phantom supporters have moved from Washington to Tulsa.

The stadium was packed with them :)

(The ones who didn't appear on the images at the inauguration)

Reactions: Williams2

·
Administrator
49,106 Posts
Ah, yes - his invisible supporters.

Initially heard that the arena was "only" 2/3 full. Then this morning on Meet the Press heard there were only 7000 in attendance. Later, CNN is reporting that the Tulsa Fire Department says it was closer to 6,000.

Deja vu all over again, I guess.

·
Registered
271 Posts
From what I've read his campaign got spoofed through a couple of social media movements among Gen Z to request massive amounts of tickets they had no intent of using. It seems there is always some of that going on, but the Trump campaign way underestimated how many fake requests there were for tickets to this particular rally.

I actually feel kind of relieved--it shows that most Americans, whether they are Trump supporters or not, are at least sensible enough not to go to a giant indoor rally in extremely close quarters in a pandemic where nobody is even wearing a mask. It shows that many Trump supporters have SOME sense. Now to get to work on appealing to that sense to get them to not vote for Trump this year.

1 - 20 of 265 Posts