Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I had a theory after the first fire in the Torch that lightning wouldn't strike twice so I stayed. That theory was blown to hell Thursday night coming home at 3am to the building on fire once again. At least I didn't need to walk down 63 flights of stairs this time but unfortunately my place was one of the units affected.

The balcony is toast.

Inside not that bad.

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,963 Posts
Hi,
Glad you are all OK - seems like they did a great job evacuating everybody to safety and putting out the fire.
Windows need a bit of a clean!
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Pleased you and yours are OK. Hope you got somewhere decent to stay.

Now.

let's talk about your decor, your choice in shoes and, OMG, that sofa.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Glad you're safe, but still a scary experience. I can't imagine my reaction had I lived in the building.

Might want to look at the Greens before rents soar. I've lived in both high rises and low rises and now I'm in a low rise apartment overlooking the lake in the Greens and while I miss the views of the towers I have no regrets. The risk of fire was always in the back of my mind when I lived in the high rises and now I'm only two floors down to safety!

By the way, what will you do? What happens to the tenants of the apartments affected? Rental demand for the building must be utterly gone now.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
And now the building next door - Tiger tower?

Funny nothing was reported of the one in Sharjah on friday.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Glad that you are safe and that everyone else is too. I'm in a neighboring tower and that and the fact that the response was obviously efficient is reassuring.

What was not so reassuring was being hit by a falling lit cigarette butt thrown from the Tiger tower last Thursday morning as I jogged by. It's hot and dry and regardless of what the cause of these events turns out to be that to say the least doesn't show a lot of common sense.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Glad that you are safe and that everyone else is too. I'm in a neighboring tower and that and the fact that the response was obviously efficient is reassuring.

What was not so reassuring was being hit by a falling lit cigarette butt thrown from the Tiger tower last Thursday morning as I jogged by. It's hot and dry and regardless of what the cause of these events turns out to be that to say the least doesn't show a lot of common sense.
Cigarettes are what caused both Torch fires. I've had several cigarette butts show up on my balcony even after the first fire.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts