Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just trying to make sure we have everything ready for submitting our documents - Is this sponsorship undertaking form a requirement? I'm a British citizen but at the moment we are living in the Philippines. It's hard for me to fill in that form for my husband because altho I am the sponsor when we get to the Uk to begin with we will stay at my sisters house- so the full address of sponsor is my sister's house - so the utility bill/ deeds etc are all in her name.... does that make sense? Do I just leave out this form?
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi! Did you get an answer to this as I have a similar situation. I am in temporary accommodation and have nothing official that has my name on it, except a P60, but I am not sure if this will be accepted. Any help would be much much more than greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I gather it's not really required for a spouse visa so you can probably leave it out. But if you want to put it in to be extra safe, I guess just write the same address you've provided elsewhere in the application.

EDIT: Oh wow, original post was ancient. I guess you've long since figured this out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Chunkvoy and thoughts on my situation? As far as I am aware it's required for supporting my wife when she moves here.

I have a few letters at my temporary address, but nothing like what it requests on the form. All my bank statements etc are registered to a more permanent address with relatives elsewhere. I have a tenancy agreement for a new place to begin end of September, and will include that and an additional letter to explain my situation.

Anybody know if this will be acceptable?

Cheers

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi Chunkvoy and thoughts on my situation? As far as I am aware it's required for supporting my wife when she moves here.

I have a few letters at my temporary address, but nothing like what it requests on the form. All my bank statements etc are registered to a more permanent address with relatives elsewhere. I have a tenancy agreement for a new place to begin end of September, and will include that and an additional letter to explain my situation.

Anybody know if this will be acceptable?

Cheers
Hi there! Wish I could help but I'm no expert. All I can relay is that it seems the SU07/12 form isn't usually required for a spouse - it's more for other relatives - but it might depend on where she's from.

I'm in a similar situation myself, actually. There are plenty of ways the sponsor could meet the accommodation requirement without having any of those, so I'm hoping it's not a deal breaker. Personally, if you can't supply one, I'd leave out the form.

·
Registered
5 Posts
From what I can gather my wife's visa is a 'family of a settled person' and not a spouse visa? And when on the government website it lists it as a requirement for thst visa.

I guess I will just have to send in all that I have and hope for the best!

Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
I must backtrack as actually it is not a requirement but it does say 'you may be required to provide the form'. And from what I have found whilst trawling the various forums out there is that it is common that the application is rejected as they require that form.

I would say it's best to include it if possible.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is this sponsorship undertaking form a requirement? I'm a British citizen but at the moment we are living in the Philippines.
We're in a very similar situation to what you guys were. I'm a British expat, and we're currently living in Japan. Our current address is Japanese, so we can't provide any of the approved documents from Note 1 of the SU07.

I noticed you're now living in the UK. Congratulations!

What did you end up doing about the SU07 form?

The accommodation we plan to stay at upon entering the UK is owned by my parents. Should I have them send me supporting documents in their name (which would be duplicates of proof needed for the accommodation portion of the application) and enclose an accompanying letter explaining the situation?
Really hope you can help, as we are totally stumped by this seemingly unnecessary-necessary form!!

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
18,047 Posts
We're in a very similar situation to what you guys were. I'm a British expat, and we're currently living in Japan. Our current address is Japanese, so we can't provide any of the approved documents from Note 1 of the SU07. I noticed you're now living in the UK. Congratulations! What did you end up doing about the SU07 form? The accommodation we plan to stay at upon entering the UK is owned by my parents. Should I have them send me supporting documents in their name (which would be duplicates of proof needed for the accommodation portion of the application) and enclose an accompanying letter explaining the situation? Really hope you can help, as we are totally stumped by this seemingly unnecessary-necessary form!! Thanks.
You don't need the sponsorship undertaking form for a spouse visa. Some visa agents in some countries insist upon it so it's just easier to include rather than argue. Japan is not one of those countries.

·
Super Moderator
18,047 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.