Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum although I have been reading the posts for some time now. I was just wondering if any of you somehow felt that fate led you to your new life down under or whether it was a conscious effort! I am asking this because 2 years ago, (when I was kinda fed up with the usual run of the mill)I went into a church in Wicklow, Ireland and asked him upstairs which country would lead myself and my family to a more fruitful and happy life. At the time I was thinking of emigrating to Canada, but to my surprise came the answer when the one man band outside the Church started playing "Waltzing Matilda!" Since then Australia has been the country of choice and although I may have to wait a year or two to start the Visa process, I do feel that eventually we will end up living there somehow.

Anyway, just a thought!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi celtic dancer,

I can't say it was divine intervention - simply came here on holiday and loved it. A friend did predict that if we came here on holiday we would move here permanently since another friend of his had done the same thing.

My husband's from Bray in the Wicklow mountains - lovely area!

regards,
Karen

·
Registered
84 Posts
i certainly have my trust in the heavens

all paths are leading to aus at the moment for us and some of the steps along the way have been hugely unexpected and those are the ones that have given us the biggest push towards australia

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yep.

Hi,

Yes, for us it really feels like destiny, feels like all along God was closing some doors and opening windows and leading us there.

Hubby's Dad was Australian.
He died of cancer when hubby was 14. In his agenda was written: " Buy plane tickets to go back to Australia." He never did.

Hubby used to have a recorring dream with an abo. man telling him it was time to go back to Australia.
He used to wake up in the middle of the night and tell me: We need to go to Australia.
I never wanted to consider moving so far away.

Funny enough over the years all the things that were keeping me from moving, changed one by one, until the last time hubby said: I feel we should go to Australia, I had the dream with the man again, I said: OK, lets look at it seriously and see if it is for us.
It is.
It feels very right.

Also, I'm Portuguese and my father in law absolutely loved to go to Portugal (he even had a farm there), he said it reminded him of Australia, and I'm hoping the opposite is true for me too.

And now really feels we're going because it is part of our life to live there forever.

We are moving there because we feel as a family that is where we belong.

Thank you for starting this lovely thread.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Lucky you and you for the divine touches...

Mine was cold hard calculation. Compared to where I was and am and the fact that I want to remain in Asia, OZ seems the natural choice.

CN - it's still backward, for now, anyway
JP - tough luck
NZ - maybe
OZ - the fair go adventurism attracts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts