Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I got mail for daughters
Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

I am worried now,any idea what to do now ?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
The HO are under a lot of pressure at present with the volume of applications. This is a standard letter which is really saying they are not meeting target times.
Afraid your application, as are many others, taking longer too process because of numbers applying.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The HO are under a lot of pressure at present with the volume of applications. This is a standard letter which is really saying they are not meeting target times.
Afraid your application, as are many others, taking longer too process because of numbers applying.

Thanks a lot replying ,your mail really relief me.I was wondering even i have submitted all documents for my daughters still not visa processed.
as you said its due to high volume. My application was priority visa

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
It would be a lot more honest for Home Office to come clean and simply admit they cannot cope with the volume of applications and are unable to meet published targets, instead of saying application isn't straightforward and causing applicant unnecessary worry.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It would be a lot more honest for Home Office to come clean and simply admit they cannot cope with the volume of applications and are unable to meet published targets, instead of saying application isn't straightforward and causing applicant unnecessary worry.
Agreed, even a generic email to applicants like...

"Dear applicant, we are currently experiencing a higher than normal volume of applications, due to this service targets may be affected, apologied for any inconvenience"

The lack of coms is quite pathetic really, can you imagine a private business operating the same way... they would go bankrupt... its a shame we have no choice - oh well

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
I suppose UK is still better than US immigration, where application to join spouse etc can take 8-12 months on average. True, the US fees are a lot lower. Australian applications also take a long time, and fees are higher than UK, but you tend to pay one set of fees that cover subsequent applications up to permanent residency.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
got sms and email from UK VFS -
The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GXXXXXXX was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 8/16/2017

This means visa issued ?:eek:

·
Registered
556 Posts
Home Office being straight up honest with people? I don't think that will ever happen.

got sms and email from UK VFS -
The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GXXXXXXX was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 8/16/2017

This means visa issued ?:eek:
Nope, it looks like they have received your application.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Home Office being straight up honest with people? I don't think that will ever happen.

Nope, it looks like they have received your application.
sorry my bad,did`nt paste full excerpts

The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GXXXXXX was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 8/16/2017
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.

If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Crazyjpr,

Can you please share your timeline as when you have received this not straight forward email?
I got one today and I am extremely stressed because of it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
We received the not straightforward email back in February.
We applied on 24th January and are still awaiting a decision :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Crazyjpr,

Can you please share your timeline as when you have received this not straight forward email?
I got one today and I am extremely stressed because of it.
Hi I have done biometric on 31 july with priority visa so after 15 days when sla complets ,this mail came as auto reply. will update you further

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi I got visa today but surprisingly my wife and daughters passport not came.

any idea. we have applied together in priority visa .For them i received mail for not straightforward case. pls suggest

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
This often happens, as they are strictly speaking three separate applications. You just have to wait.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This often happens, as they are strictly speaking three separate applications. You just have to wait.
Thanks for reply,any idea Joppa how much time it will take.
I planning to travel this weekend and my family will travel once visa arrived .

My family travelled earlier also so not sure why they delaying this time.,all documents has submitted.
please advice

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
No idea. Any normal timeframe has truly gone out of the window in the current surge in applications.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for reply,any idea Joppa how much time it will take.
I planning to travel this weekend and my family will travel once visa arrived .

My family travelled earlier also so not sure why they delaying this time.,all documents has submitted.
please advice

I got all visa today :) only problem i have work permit for 2 years but they gave 1 year in BRP letter.any advise thanks

·
Registered
556 Posts
Congratulations. ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
My husband has got uk short term study visa. Presently he is studying there. I wish to go there so I have applied for visitor visa for myself and my two kids. But today I have received below mail :-

Thank you for your UK visa application which has been received and is under consideration:

Non-settlement within 15 working days
Priority Visas within 5 working days
Settlement within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we may not be able to make a decision on your application within our customer service targets. We will continue to progress your application and make a decision as soon as possible. Please note that fees paid are non-refundable.

We will notify you via e-mail once your application has been decided and despatched.

Please do not attend the visa application centre until you have been asked to do so.

This is an automated message - do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. UK Visas and Immigration contact details can be found at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Yours sincerely
UK Visas and Immigration
South and South East Asia Region

PLEASE NOTE: This is an automated message - do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. If you need to reply telephone the office dealing with your application, quoting your reference number ## VAF No. ##.

This email is intended for the addressee(s) only. All messages sent and received by the Foreign & Commonwealth Office may be monitored in line with relevant UK legislation
available at https://www.gov.uk/government/organ...h-office/about/personal-information-charteruk

Last year my visa got refused. Since I’m a house maker and last time I didn’t show my income. i wanted to ask has anyone got visa approved after receiving such an email? i didnt get any reference no either.. though i thought my case was pretty straight forward as this time my husband is there and also I have shown my funds and bank balance. but now i am worried. how long will they take now? any idea?? Does this mail mean that this time also it won’t get the visa. Though I have submitted all the relevant documents. Can someone please help me out.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.