Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone
Wanted my daughter to.pursue a british degree while she works, so came across the open university of UK. Does anyone know if its recognised by the MOE here in Dubai as it will carry the stanping of UK government as well as the British councul here. Will appreciate any advice or personal experience stories. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
It also often involves summer schools at UK universities while the main users are on holiday so make sure you can get into the UK before booking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh I see. Has anyone around here graduated from Open university and has had the degree recognised by the ministry here? Please heeelp!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oh I see. Has anyone around here graduated from Open university and has had the degree recognised by the ministry here? Please heeelp!!
I work in DAFZ and hold a degree from the OU. Speaking personally, as far as the free zone is concerned (and assume that regular zone Dubai is the same) the OU degree complied with the criteria needed to issue my visa/residence/labour card, when legalised as mandated by the UAE authorities.

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,965 Posts
Unlikely to find many people here that have done an OU degree - it is generally aimed at UK citizens that take the degree over a 6 year period whilst working. It involves a lot of evening and weekend studying with residential study sessions in the UK, during the summer holidays.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts