Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found out yesterday that I AM GOING TO BE A GRANDMA !!!!!

Obviously I intend to be a Grandma of the Glamorous variety!!! lol

Yes, my son and his partner rang me yesterday with the news! Im emotional and it feels strange .... I was younger than my son is now when I had him ... but to me he is still my baby boy!!!! ....

Ive always felt so clever that I helped produce two beautiful human beings ... and I feel so proud now that another generation is starting ... and I played a part in that!!!

So this is the next stage of my life .... and I have to say it feels lovely!

Sue :love::love::love::love::love::love:

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Congratulations Sue! :clap2: That's really exciting news......god, is everyone getting pregnant at the moment!?! Well, in times of crisis, they say that staying in is the new going out.;) And they've got a lovely place to come and have hols with Granny and Grandad too!:D

Tally.xx

·
Registered
33,612 Posts

Yes, my son and his partner rang me yesterday with the news! Im emotional and it feels strange .... I was younger than my son is now when I had him ... but to me he is still my baby boy!!!! ....

Ive always felt so clever that I helped produce two beautiful human beings ... and I feel so proud now that another generation is starting ... and I played a part in that!!!

GRANNY!!!!!!! Congratulations! Is this gonna pull you back to the UK or are you gonna be "grandma Spain"???

It must a be a weird feeling, I'm not looking forward to that label, altho like you my daughters are now older than I was when I had them! In fact I was divorced by the time I was my eldests age!!!

Jo xxx

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Tally, Jo :love:

I was actually laid in bed last night thinking about the distance!!!!! But I have no plans to move back to the UK .... and Im sure I will be able to encourage more visits over to Spain for free holidays and free babysitting !!!! :D

I will now spend a few weeks debating the name! shall I be Gran, Grandma, Nan, Nanan ??????????? mmmmmmmmmmmm

My kids grew up using Nan and Grandad .... I may follow suit! all these decisions to make!!!! lol

Sue xxxx :love::love:

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I will now spend a few weeks debating the name! shall I be Gran, Grandma, Nan, Nanan ??????????? mmmmmmmmmmmm

My kids grew up using Nan and Grandad .... I may follow suit! all these decisions to make!!!! lol

Yeah, we always used Nan/Nanny - Grandma was reserved for the Great Grandmother stage...:eek::love:

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Thank you Tally, Jo :love:

I was actually laid in bed last night thinking about the distance!!!!! But I have no plans to move back to the UK .... and Im sure I will be able to encourage more visits over to Spain for free holidays and free babysitting !!!! :D

I've already decided that I'm gonna be simply "G", all the rest sound too old to me, (rocking chair, knitting kinda names!!)

Jo xxx

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Congratulations Sue!

Even though you're going to be a grannie, I'm sure there's plenty of blokes willing to give you a Tony Danza! :)

If you'd called me twenty years ago (in your younger days) I could have helped you out! :cool:

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Congratulations Sue!

Even though you're going to be a grannie, I'm sure there's plenty of blokes willing to give you a Tony Danza! :)

If you'd called me twenty years ago (in your younger days) I could have helped you out! :cool:

"HE's" too old now Sue!!!!!

Jo xx

·
Registered
17 Posts
Congrat´s

May be they will have time with you and want to travel abit here in Spain. El Burgo is in a Protected Natural Park with some of the best scenery I have every had the privilege to see in the world.
The people of the village have traveled the world looking for work and they are some of the most friendliest I have found.
Of a weekend you may find the local bars bombarded with bikers, that is push bikes as well as motor bikes, walkers are often find this place of beauty as well.
The lakes are not far from here and have replenished its water stock since the downpoor of last year, topped up recently, you will find pictures, there is farm land growing olives, almonds figs and many other fruits, the months change and the scenery changes with the months. The sun is always shinning and it is protected by the mountains. If you are lucky you may see eagles, deer and even wild boar.
Maybe you could all travel. :plane:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congratulations Sue!

Ive said it before and Ill say it again ... there is a lot to be said for the more mature ladies! being a Grannie hinders me not one jot in that department !!!!!!

Sue :love:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Word! :cool:

(I can't see the logic in Microsoft releasing that software package.....but what do I know?)
ha ha ha ha ha ha! I could have you arrested for tampering with my text!

Sue x :D:D

·
Registered
19,395 Posts

Congratulations Sue.

It must feel a bit strange, but it's great news at the same time!:)

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Congratulations Sue.

It must feel a bit strange, but it's great news at the same time!:)
It is great news Pesky! The "strangeness" comes from having to get my head around my own children producing children lol !!!! My two still seem so young .... but he is nearly 25 and I was only 23 when I had him!

·
Administrator
36,535 Posts
It is great news Pesky! The "strangeness" comes from having to get my head around my own children producing children lol !!!! My two still seem so young .... but he is nearly 25 and I was only 23 when I had him!

I find it hard to get my head around people younger than me being grandparents:eek:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I find it hard to get my head around people younger than me being grandparents:eek:
Well Im 47 :D and dont have any problem with my age at all!!! I felt really mature when I had my son at 23 lol ... I must have been surely ??? Im probably more giddy and daft now than I was then if Im honest!

The scarey part is how fast bloomin time goes by :eek: one minute you are sitting in the baby clinic showing off your first born ... the next you are considering whether to be called Gran, Nan, Nanan !!!! ITS JUST FLOWN BY !!!

Sue x :love:

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Well Im 47 :D and dont have any problem with my age at all!!! I felt really mature when I had my son at 23 lol ... I must have been surely ??? Im probably more giddy and daft now than I was then if Im honest!

The scarey part is how fast bloomin time goes by :eek: one minute you are sitting in the baby clinic showing off your first born ... the next you are considering whether to be called Gran, Nan, Nanan !!!! ITS JUST FLOWN BY !!!

Sue x :love:

It does my head in! I dont feel any older or different from when I had my first daughter at 19!!! ... I look in the mirror sometimes and I'm quite shocked at the reflection, I look like my mother :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:!

Jo xxx

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.