Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

481 - 489 of 489 Posts

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Hi,
Correct regarding the wife’s visa needs to be cancelled first.
I still have all my old Emirates ID cards - including the ones when I changed sponsors!
The existing UAE driving licences are valid again - once you have a new residence visa.
Cheers
Steve
Even I have an old Emirates ID, but the latest one was taken. In any case it is a piece of plastic because the card reader will probably show that the ID is not valid

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,963 Posts
Even I have an old Emirates ID, but the latest one was taken. In any case it is a piece of plastic because the card reader will probably show that the ID is not valid
I renewed just three weeks ago and have the last one still - may vary between Emirates.
Mine is an Abu Dhabi government 3 year visa.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I renewed just three weeks ago and have the last one still - may vary between Emirates.
Mine is an Abu Dhabi government 3 year visa.
My old employers were seriously paranoid about both the EID and the Health Insurance cards - wouldn't do anything until I handed them over, so I made their life a little difficult by holding on to them as long as I needed to so they had to run around like headless chickens getting it all cancelled before my last day --- LOL LOL

Reactions: Stevesolar

·
Registered
9 Posts
I do my visa runs with a company I found on google....it was very very easy, and as everyone on the bus had already done Visa runs, so I stuck with them and they helped me through.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Visit visa silver sticker

Hello,

New visit visa or just a general trip to Oman I.e Muscat - new cost is 200 AED for 1 month. On entry back to the UAE, they did not stamp my passport but put a sticker on with the following details:

UDB NUMBER: **********
Permit Number: *******
Permit Validity: Date

I'm still sure you get 10 day period depending on nationality.

Any other update please let us know
Tahir,

I just returned to UAE after cancelling my residency visa to enter the country on a visit visa and received the same sticker you mentioned above.

Have you got any information on what this sticker means?? is it just a normal visit visa?? Can i exit via Abu dhabi?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

I have a question on my visa grace period calculation, first of all I am a dual nation, HK+UK(the UK without visa on arrive)
I will be arrive dubai on 20/6 and flying out for some small trip and back to dubai on 30/6, then make a long stay until 29/7.
so my confusion from here as per my calculation i should be no issue for leaving on 29/7 as i precisely finish all my 30 days visa plus 10 days grace period, however when I read the reply here everyone say they will do the visa run on the 39 day for safe, in my case the 39 days will be 28/7, there for i still be safe when i fly out on 29/7?

or

i should try to apply a 96 hr visa on my UK passport and use my HK passport to get in dubai on 30/6, have anyone have experience try like this during this moment?

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Hi

I have a question on my visa grace period calculation, first of all I am a dual nation, HK+UK(the UK without visa on arrive)
I will be arrive dubai on 20/6 and flying out for some small trip and back to dubai on 30/6, then make a long stay until 29/7.
so my confusion from here as per my calculation i should be no issue for leaving on 29/7 as i precisely finish all my 30 days visa plus 10 days grace period, however when I read the reply here everyone say they will do the visa run on the 39 day for safe, in my case the 39 days will be 28/7, there for i still be safe when i fly out on 29/7?

or

i should try to apply a 96 hr visa on my UK passport and use my HK passport to get in dubai on 30/6, have anyone have experience try like this during this moment?
I can’t answer the intricate nature of the visa days but remember flipping passports may not work because you are likely to be eye scanned or fingerprinted or both when you first land and again on return, so they will know it’s you.

481 - 489 of 489 Posts