Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

461 - 480 of 489 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello ,
I am US citizen and I entered UAE through Sharjah airport on 19 of April,
I don't know if I should leave and make Visa Run after 30 days or 40 days ?
as I heard there are 10 days extra after the month .
and if anyone will do Visa Run soon please contact me
Thanks

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hello,

New visit visa or just a general trip to Oman I.e Muscat - new cost is 200 AED for 1 month. On entry back to the UAE, they did not stamp my passport but put a sticker on with the following details:

UDB NUMBER: **********
Permit Number: *******
Permit Validity: Date

I'm still sure you get 10 day period depending on nationality.

Any other update please let us know

·
Registered
864 Posts
so people doing the visa runs are aware and don't get shocked, oman has increased the entry visa fee from omr 5 to omr 20...

so its gone up from the aed 50 to approximately aed 200 per person...

the uae exit fee is still the same...

to be extra clear, say for a family of 3 doing a visa run, uae exit will be aed 105 and oman entry will be aed 600... aed 705 total... in addition to all other gas/transport costs...

everything else stays the same...

·
Registered
12 Posts
so people doing the visa runs are aware and don't get shocked, oman has increased the entry visa fee from omr 5 to omr 20...

so its gone up from the aed 50 to approximately aed 200 per person...

the uae exit fee is still the same...

to be extra clear, say for a family of 3 doing a visa run, uae exit will be aed 105 and oman entry will be aed 600... aed 705 total... in addition to all other gas/transport costs...

everything else stays the same...
Yes thats right. Unfortunately whats happened is the 10 day visit visa which was 50AED has been removed and now there is a 30 day single entry visa which costs 200AED. Its not clear how long these changes will apply for, however around 7 years ago the fee was increaed from 50 to 200 and after around 8 months it was reduced back to 50 again.

The good news is that Go Tours have decreased the cost of the trip so its now only 100AED to do the visa run.

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Number of Visa Runs allowed

Hi all:

Does anyone know just how many visa runs are allowed? I have a British passport and have been getting mixed messages as people say that the law has changed in the last couple of years.

Some say that with a UK passport, there is no limit to the number of visa runs you can do.

Some say that no matter what passport you have, you can only do 6 visa runs within a 180 day period and then you have to leave the UAE for 6 months and then you come back and you get another 6 visa runs.

Some say that if you belong to a Shenghen country, then you get a 90 day visa after which you cannot do a visa run and have to leave the country for 90 days. After which you can come back on another 90 day visa.

Can anyone verify and reconfirm what the correct answer is? If there are any of you out there that have done numerous visa runs (as in more than 6 visa runs consecutively) can you please share you answer here as I cant seem to find any post that addresses this . . .

As I have mentioned I have a Brit passport and currently I have done 2 visa runs at the Hatta border, 1 visa on arrival at the airport and in a few weeks I will be doing another visa run at the Hatta border.

So any input would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've got british passport and done the visa run for the past 18 months for each month. no issues, price has increased from 50 aed to 200 aed that's about it really. I've not had any issues

·
Registered
41 Posts
Many thanks Tahir29 thats good to know. I also checked on the website of one of the bus companies and they have stated that a few countries UK included can do visa runs multiple times with no issue . . . Thanks again . . .

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hey everyone, after eight years here I'll need to do a visa run this week as my residency has been cancelled. Just wanted to know a couple of things:

1. Can anyone recommend to me on PM a travel company who provide visa runs, particularly if you have personal experience of the company and their charges. I'd rather not have to go through the hassle of driving myself

2. I heard that you now cannot exit and enter on the same day, is this accurate?

3. I'm British so as I understand it, the only costs are 20 OMR for entry.

Thanks for advice

Dean

·
Registered
864 Posts
...2. I heard that you now cannot exit and enter on the same day, is this accurate?...
no it's not... you have to exit uae, enter oman, exit oman, and then enter uae, but that all can be on the same day... there is no change for this...

...3. I'm British so as I understand it, the only costs are 20 OMR for entry...
exit from uae is 35 aed if you leave by land... entry to oman is 20 omr which is about 200 aed give or take... exit from oman is free and entry to the uae is free...

although all border posts take credit cards, at times the cc machines have been temperamental so its always a good idea to have cash on you... preferably as close to how much it will cost as possible as change may not always be available...

and yes, on the oman side they take aed...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

I am new here and hope some of you can advise me.

I hold a Mauritian passport and in the process of moving to Dubai next Friday (trailing girlfriend). I've got a job interview lined up but wondering about visa runs if I don't get the job, and have to spend more time looking for something else.

Mauritian passport holders get visa on arrival to the UAE, but do not get visa on arrival to Oman (visa required prior to getting there), so I understand doing a border run is impossible.
Is there any other way I can do this? Would a visa run by air work? Flying back to my country is out of question - way too expensive.

Thanks,
desertsunshine

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hoping this may be best thread for an answer. As anyone who has seen my other posts will know, been here a few months and really doubting my job is the one for me.

Given that, considering options.

My work sponsored me and I then sponsored my wife. If I quit and they cancel my visa will that mean my wife also has hers cancelled so we'll both be on the visa run situation?

I assume Emirates ID remains technically valid?

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Hoping this may be best thread for an answer. As anyone who has seen my other posts will know, been here a few months and really doubting my job is the one for me.

Given that, considering options.

My work sponsored me and I then sponsored my wife. If I quit and they cancel my visa will that mean my wife also has hers cancelled so we'll both be on the visa run situation?

I assume Emirates ID remains technically valid?
Both visas will need to be cancelled - hers before yours as you are her sponsor. Your visa cannot be cancelled before hers. In a few cases, the spouse visa can be "on hold" (and not cancelled) in case you have another job lined up.

Emirates ID will be cancelled along with the visa. Will be taken from you at the time of cancellation.

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,963 Posts
Both visas will need to be cancelled - hers before yours as you are her sponsor. Your visa cannot be cancelled before hers. In a few cases, the spouse visa can be "on hold" (and not cancelled) in case you have another job lined up.

Emirates ID will be cancelled along with the visa. Will be taken from you at the time of cancellation.
Hi,
Correct regarding the wife’s visa needs to be cancelled first.
I still have all my old Emirates ID cards - including the ones when I changed sponsors!
The existing UAE driving licences are valid again - once you have a new residence visa.
Cheers
Steve

461 - 480 of 489 Posts