Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

441 - 460 of 489 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
My friend left on the 40th day the last 3 times and came back without being fined. In the end it's probably down to the person you face.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
hahaha :) Good one.
Well if theres anything Ive written thats wrong, Ill personally give you $10, or buy you a pint, which in this country is about the same thing ;)
If you try to renew it before 31 days you wont get a new visa.
Speaking entirely personally, I've renewed on before the 30 days and after the 30 days and got a new 30 day visa each time.

You can give the money to charity.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Speaking entirely personally, I've renewed on before the 30 days and after the 30 days and got a new 30 day visa each time.

You can give the money to charity.
The devil is in the detail. Actually you havent mentioned the date when youve done this, so its only partial information, not informative.

Prior to May 2016 it was possible for you to renew your visa 1) Less than 30 days 2) On 30 days and 3) After 30 days and before 40 days.
In each of these cases you would not have received an overstay fine.

In May 2016 the visa type was changed to multiple entry visa. From there going forward, including the current rule, you cannot renew your visa if you have travelled less than 30 days, or re-entering on day 30.

If I had a dollar for every time I heard a false rumour from an individual or from Dubai Immigration Id be a happy camper.

·
Registered
17 Posts
wow!
can't remember my head ever having spun so fast, after reading some of this thread.
What I have managed to figure out is that the visa run must be done during the grace period?
Need to run for my wife's visa ... she entered on 20th October, and we were planning to do the run tomorrow (20th Oct.); now not so sure.
Can anyone shed some light, please?
would it be better to leave it for next weekend, 26th, maybe?
Help appreciated in advance.
Cheers,
Kamran

·
Registered
17 Posts
wow!
can't remember my head ever having spun so fast, after reading some of this thread.
What I have managed to figure out is that the visa run must be done during the grace period?
Need to run for my wife's visa ... she entered on 20th October, and we were planning to do the run tomorrow (20th Oct.); now not so sure.
Can anyone shed some light, please?
would it be better to leave it for next weekend, 26th, maybe?
Help appreciated in advance.
Cheers,
Kamran
OK... just called the DNRD and am now more confused! Anyone heard the following ?
According to the DNRD (or GDRFA), if you do your visa run on, say, the 2nd day of your 10-day grace period, you will be given only 8 days upon re-entry.
Seems like a fine line ... couldn't get the message through to the DNRD : apparently you have to do the visa run EXACTLY on day 40 ... so when does the grace period turn into overstay?
I need to lie down !!

·
Registered
73 Posts
So many visa run questions... was I just lucky that my employer fixed mine and wife's visa before the 39-day cut-off? Albeit only just. It seemed like a more protracted process than other countries I've worked in, but still, it seems a lot of people are having to make more than one run.

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,963 Posts
So many visa run questions... was I just lucky that my employer fixed mine and wife's visa before the 39-day cut-off? Albeit only just. It seemed like a more protracted process than other countries I've worked in, but still, it seems a lot of people are having to make more than one run.
Most people doing a visa run - do so because they are unable or unwilling to obtain a normal residence visa.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ok, thanks. I guess so. My understanding was that even renting a place is pretty much impossible without residency, let alone banking and all the other essentials.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Going to Hatta Tonight or Tomorrow Morning?

Is anyone going to Hatta tonight or tomorrow morning? I am happy to contribute to gas money.

Thanks!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hi,

My parents are in Dubai for 3 weeks but want to stay until the 37th day, is this possible? will they get penalized or do I need to get a visa extension?

Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
LATEST UPDATE ON MY VISA RUN TO HATTA

Though I used a company, GO TOURS, who were excellent - I feel this is a journey one can make on ones own. The process is pretty straight forward. The confusion lies in WHEN to go.

WHEN TO GO BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE:
ARRIVED DUBAI JAN 26
LEFT DUBAI JAN 29
ARRIVED DUBAI FEB 7.

Because I did not wait 30 days from JAN 26 and left Dubai within 3 days, I HAD to count my 30 days from Jan 26th and NOT FEB 7th. 30 days from Jan 26 would be FEB 24th. I was eligible to go for my visa any day from FEB 25th to March 5th. This is the 9 day grace period people talk about which is the ONLY DAYS YOU SHOULD GO FOR YOUR VISA RUN OR TRAVEL OUT OF THE COUNTRY AND COME BACK TO GET A NEW 30 DAY VISA ON ARRIVAL PLUS 9 DAYS OF GRACE AGAIN.

PROCESS AT HATTA BORDER:
After the Hatta Fort Hotel, you come to your first stop. Here you hand over your PASSPORT and the 35 AED EXIT VISA FEE. He will check to see if you have overstayed (beyond the 30 + 9 days) or understayed (before your 30 days are up). He will then give you a ticket which you keep with you until you get back home to Dubai. He stamps your EXIT VISA and gives passport back to you. CHECK THE EXIT STAMP.

Then you go on to Oman. 2nd stop you may be asked to stop as they check to see who is in the car. You dont give them your passport or anything usually.

Your 3rd stop, you go to the Oman visa building. As you enter on the right side are the windows for your ENTRY AND EXIT OMAN VISA. Fill a small form thats available on the table on the right and go to window with your PASSPORT AND FORM. You will be asked where you are going - Just say you are going back to Dubai. And here you hand over the AED 50. They will stamp your passport with ENTRY AND EXIT to Oman. Upon receiving passport check both stamps are there.

You then make a return journey back towards Dubai and your 4th stop is the DUBAI Visa Building. When you enter you will see men / women at their desk. Just go up to them and hand over your PASSPORT. They dont typically ask you ANY questions. They just stamp your PASSPORT with a NEW 30 days VISA ON ARRIVAL and hand your passport back. Check your passport to ascertain that you have the VISA on ARRIVAL STAMP.

Get into car and drive on towards Dubai. 5th stop may or may not happen. If the guards are bored, they may stop you again to check who is in the car. They dont usually ask you any questions nor do you need to give them your passport. This is your LAST and FINAL STOP.

From here you can safely ride back to Dubai.

POINTERS:
Make sure to have AED 35 and AED 50 in EXACT Change.
Make sure you count and RECOUNT your DATES CORRECTLY so that you dont UNDERSTAY or OVERSTAY.
We had a guy in our van who overstayed 23 days and was told he would only be charged AED 2000 but landed up having to pay more and did not have enough cash on him so he was not allowed to go into Oman and had to return the next day.
There is a gas stop 45 mins before you reach Hatta Fort Hotel if you want a bathroom break or drink /food.
There is also an ATM Machine in the OMAN VISA BUILDING. As well as a Pizza Hut and some drinks and snacks inside this building. Toilets as well.
There are also toilets in the UAE VISA BUILDING BUT THATS ABOUT IT.

Hope this helps with any confusion with dates, 30 days, process etc etc . . .

·
Registered
28 Posts
The New Visa Run thread - rules & a guide to the Hatta border run in first post

Very informative, other option is to go via RAK and pick up some "refreshments"at the Barracuda on the way back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hello,

I was on a tourist visa in Dubai (40 days with grace period) but when I traveled to Muscat for a week (by car) and then entered back into Dubai at hatta border UAE Immigration issued me with a two week visa instead of 40 days with grace, anyone know why? she advised to come back on the 18th April and she will give me a 40 day visa then.

I asked why? she replied just come back on the 18th April lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello,

I was on a tourist visa in Dubai (40 days with grace period) but when I traveled to Muscat for a week (by car) and then entered back into Dubai at hatta border UAE Immigration issued me with a two week visa instead of 40 days with grace, anyone know why? she advised to come back on the 18th April and she will give me a 40 day visa then.

Count 30 days (not 40 days!) from the entry & exit stamps on your passport - I'm guessing that your 30 day visa has 2 weeks left on it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Whats this VISA on ARRIVAL stamp you guys talk about? Is it just the usual entry stamp on the passport or something that specifically states 'visa on arrival'. My wife got the former, plain stamp with date. Makes sense as its just to mark the start of the 30/40 day period isnt it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

Expiry date on stamp will be 30 days (even though you get 40 days including grace period)

441 - 460 of 489 Posts