Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 475 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finding European/American friends in DUBAI

Hi everybody! My name is Stella and I am new to this forum. I'm 25 years old and I'm from Rome, Italy. I am a Biomedical Technologist and I got to Dubai almost 3 weeks ago. I am still living in a hotel in Bur Dubai while waiting for my company to find an apartment for me. I need to find some friends because, I'll be honest I can't take it anymore over here. Today I spent the whole day by myself in this little hotel room and most of the people are Indians and they don't understand english almost at all. I need someone that I can talk to and go out with. I still haven't seen almost anything about Dubai because being aloneI don't like to go out on my own.
I hope to get in touch with somebody out there!!

Stella

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello there,
yeah it is boring without friends, and your in BurDubai, it isnt that nice of a place, i am currently in lebanon and il be in dubai tomorrow, 18 hours from now :).
I can show u sum places, if u want
let me know if u still need comapny
take care

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi

Hi

how you have been

Im stive and i m 23 y old, and i know that its very hard to find good place for live
and you are also new in dubai,

when i came here, i also suffering from this problem,
i have been here since last 11 months and i m still looking for good friend,

Here its very hard to find good friend,

Abt my self

i m very jolly and belive in god, i like to play guitar and singing

most of time i go to beach and stay their and play guitar cos still i dont have any friend, I dont know why..........

would you like to be my friend.......Stellla

i m waiting your Reply

Stive

My Cell No :SNIP/ I hope, we will meet very soon and promiss i will help you as much i can do it for you.

Trust me i M not like Others Person, I Realy need good friend

if you think in ur heart you will know that. i m not lying.

Keep smiling and think positive, Don't take Tension Friend.

Stive

·
Banned
26 Posts
Hi

how you have been

Im stive and i m 23 y old, and i know that its very hard to find good place for live
and you are also new in dubai,

when i came here, i also suffering from this problem,
i have been here since last 11 months and i m still looking for good friend,

Here its very hard to find good friend,

Abt my self

i m very jolly and belive in god, i like to play guitar and singing

most of time i go to beach and stay their and play guitar cos still i dont have any friend, I dont know why..........

would you like to be my friend.......Stellla

i m waiting your Reply

Stive

My Cell No :SNIP/ I hope, we will meet very soon and promiss i will help you as much i can do it for you.

Trust me i M not like Others Person, I Realy need good friend

if you think in ur heart you will know that. i m not lying.

Keep smiling and think positive, Don't take Tension Friend.

Stive

It almost sounds like something somebody would say to you right before they mug you..This board is infested with trolls

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Stella,

There have been get-togethers arranged by members of the forum previously which have had varying levels of success.

With the fast approach of the festive season, I wouldn't be surprised if another one gets suggested.

I would advise being careful when arranging to meet somone from here or any other forum. make sure someone else knows where you are going, what time you should be back etc and make sure it is a public place. I am not trying to scare you, but would you meet somebody this way in your home country?

I hope that your social life picks up for you, as Dubai has plenty to offer

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
Stella,

There have been get-togethers arranged by members of the forum previously which have had varying levels of success.

With the fast approach of the festive season, I wouldn't be surprised if another one gets suggested.

I would advise being careful when arranging to meet somone from here or any other forum. make sure someone else knows where you are going, what time you should be back etc and make sure it is a public place. I am not trying to scare you, but would you meet somebody this way in your home country?

I hope that your social life picks up for you, as Dubai has plenty to offer
Couldn't agree more. I've been here just over one year and I've made some good friends and also met a few weirdos along the way.

Girls - please take care of yourself and don't do anything that you wouldn't do at home. This place is not as safe as you think it is and it can be so easy to land yourself in trouble! Stay safe! :)

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
A long while ago I stopped people posting "meet me" posts on here, as we had a large number of them and it was becoming like a dating board.

It wasnt because of trying to be a spoilsport, or thinking people are stupid, or anything like that, but more a worry of the absolute dangers people can put themselves in by meeting strangers off an internet forum.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Theoretically the concept is right not meeting any one in any place, and obviously, any meeting would be in a public place as a common sense!

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
I personally wouldnt dream of meeting anyone (arab, english, martian or otherwise) from a forum on my own. I'd also want to know a lot about them from the forum before even talking on the phone. As for giving out my phone number or any of my details on an open forum - no way. Its not just the people who are registered on here who can see it, anyone can find your phone number from anywhere in the world

Jo xx

·
Registered
14 Posts
I personally wouldnt dream of meeting anyone (arab, english, martian or otherwise) from a forum on my own. I'd also want to know a lot about them from the forum before even talking on the phone. As for giving out my phone number or any of my details on an open forum - no way. Its not just the people who are registered on here who can see it, anyone can find your phone number from anywhere in the world

Jo xx
totally agree where online chatting would be also suffice

1 - 20 of 475 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.